As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT mixdown (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT mixdown
Cappy
NO PAIN NO GAIN
OT mixdown 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hi all,

for all those of view that are not using a computer,

how do you mix in the best way tracks in your OT before sending it to a mastering studio?

The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Re:OT mixdown 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Big kick-ass harddisk recorder.. but hmm thats almost the same as using a computer in my case.
Cant exactly give you a golden tip.. I would say.. the less tools you have to sculpt sound.
the more sparingly you should be with it..

in my daw i could cut and cut and cut, to give room for more.. but on my hardware. i just dont have that control or the tools... so i make less filled music.. more to the point.
Cappy
NO PAIN NO GAIN
I can use for sure a pink noise, for a good balance....

But maybe there is something else ..
Cappy
Gear:

Octatrack
Waldorf Blofeld
You need to rethink about the way you use sounds on the OT.

Here's a quick rundown:

-Get into the habit of thinking as the tracks as more like "busses" in your DAW, make one or two tracks your compression bus and anything you need compressed put in there, so kicks, snares, etc.

-For loops you are going to want to bounce them EQd and then work with them, one of the easiest ways to do this is to have a track assigned with two EQs , mess with the samples in there and then resample out to another track.

-Do NOT work at full level on any of the tracks. Lower that to half and then tweak.

-Don't get too caught up on mixing like a pro, the OT has a very good sound straight from the box. Besides, perfectly mixed music can be kind of lame if you know what I mean

-Get synthesizers, only 8 audio tracks is going to run out quickly. A digital poly like the Blofeld is going to help tremendously because it has its own internal mixer. Im sure most digital polys are like that.

-HAVE FUN STOP WORRYING ABOUT THINGS THAT MOST NORMAL LISTENERS DONT HAVE A DAMN ABOUT
Go to top Post Reply