As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - Exporting sounds (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - Exporting sounds
Goomba
OT - Exporting sounds 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hi guys

still a fairly new OT user

just wanted to ask a pretty simple question...

Say I make a really nice selection of patterns where I have spent ages mangling my samples

what are my options when I want to get the sounds out of my OT and then into my studio computer / Logic etc in order to process them more?

is it just a case of soloing each sound and recording it out as if I was recording a synth, or is there some way of saving the "Bounced" Patterns onto the memory stick and then exporting via USB?

apologies for the n00b question, its just Ive been using my OT for live stuff and am only now discovering how useful it could be in the studio!

I look forward to hearing from you
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:OT - Exporting sounds 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Ideally I'd like to save each of the 8 stems as separate files so I essentially have the stems of my various patters / arrangements

is this possible?
Goomba
Ideally I'd like to save each of the 8 stems as separate files so I essentially have the stems of my various patters / arrangements

is this possible?
Cappy
Gear:

Octatrack
Waldorf Blofeld
It's all on the CF. if you resample the loops you'll get an audio file if you do it in a Static Machine.
Cappy
SPS-1 UW+ MkII
SFX-60+ MkII
DPS-1
Falloutsoldier wrote:
Say I make a really nice selection of patterns where I have spent ages mangling my samples

what are my options when I want to get the sounds out of my OT and then into my studio computer / Logic etc in order to process them more?

is it just a case of soloing each sound and recording it out as if I was recording a synth, or is there some way of saving the "Bounced" Patterns onto the memory stick and then exporting via USB?

is this possible?

You can sample individual tracks or the main output mix or the cue output mix depending on how you set the SRC3 parameter when you re-sample. See the description of SRC3 on page 51-53 of the manual and the sampling tutorials.
Goomba
thanks guys I'll look into that when I get home tomorrow

so Im essentially sampling myself back onto the machine & then I save the various resamples on the CF
Go to top Post Reply