As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Question about processing audio with an MD. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Question about processing audio with an MD.
Goomba
Question about processing audio with an MD. 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi, I'm looking at getting an MD UW and was wondering what kind of audio processing can be done. Say in a real-time situation where I have audio running through the unit, could I very quickly mess around with filters and delays/reverbs at the same time, from the same screen?

Any help is appreciated.

Conor
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Question about processing audio with an MD. 10 Years, 9 Months ago
yea.

best grab a pdf copy of the MD manual from elektron.se and have a look at the machine reference addendum.

especially take a look at the input and control machines.
extra especially the CT-8P machine.

with the input machines, you have all the track & master FX available for your inputs, in addition to the FX that the input machine itself gives you.

you can also sample your inputs while the sequencer is playing and mess with the samples in realtime. it's hard to describe what this does, you have to try it yourself, it's fun.
Goomba
Great idea, thanks!
Goomba
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Just keep in mind that anything sent to the MD inputs get degraded audibly, even when you're not processing it. Fun for effects, but I wouldn't want my main signal running through it all the time.
Go to top Post Reply