As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Question to Analog Four Owners ( concerns about getting one) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Question to Analog Four Owners ( concerns about getting one)
Cappy
Re:Question to Analog Four Owners ( concerns about getting one) 10 Years, 9 Months ago
The A4 is way more versatile then the Sub Phatty. You won't be disappointed with the A4's output sonically and feature-wise. OS 1.06 is very solid. I run it synced via MIDI 5pin DIN with no freeze or crash issues. As others mentioned I was running into issues with USB MIDI freezes.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:Question to Analog Four Owners ( concerns about getting one) 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Is the USB issue happens also with 1.06 OS? I'm asking because I planned to use it via USB and not MIDI cables
Chain Chomp
yes.
you can definitely use the A4 via USB MIDI though.

for me, it only happens when the A4 is connected to the computer (OSX), a connection to the A4 is opened via some app, and then the app is closed again. it seems midi data gets stuck inside the a4 somehow, resulting in a crash. ymmv.

Elektron are aware of this and they're on it, I wouldn't worry too much.
Cappy
void wrote:
yes.
you can definitely use the A4 via USB MIDI though.

for me, it only happens when the A4 is connected to the computer (OSX), a connection to the A4 is opened via some app, and then the app is closed again. it seems midi data gets stuck inside the a4 somehow, resulting in a crash. ymmv.

Elektron are aware of this and they're on it, I wouldn't worry too much.

That sums it up pretty accurately. Closing apps is where I would experience this as well. Although I could never reproduce it 100%.
Go to top Post Reply