As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:What are trifles Locks and what are they used for (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:What are trifles Locks and what are they used for
Goomba
What are trifles Locks and what are they used for 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Insane human beings named these features.... What do trigless LOCKs actually DO? Of course the manual is no help and when I searched around this site for the answer all I got is mor vague descriptions that basically sound like what Paramater locks do. sounds like you can temporarily alter a parameter of a step with them... Exactly what P-locks do it would seem to me. Or are they talking about changing the parameter of a whole sample once it reaches that step.. In other words say I have a 1 bar (16 step) whole sample that I place a trigger on step 1 of track 1. Are they saying that at step ten I can have the pitch change for just that one section of this whole sample?
  The topic has been locked.
Re:What are trifles Locks and what are they used for 10 Years, 9 Months ago
You got it, spot on.
Each of the 16-32-or 64 steps (depending on the length of your sequence) can have a different set of perimeter adjustments per step.

For example, you run a breakbeat or whatever looping...

on step 1 you trigger the loop with a trig.
the following steps use P-locks, but do not trigger a sample, but set a parameter for that step

on step 2 you pitch it up, and have a highpass filter adjustment and turn up the mix of a reverb
on step 3 you have your amp balance panned right
on step 4 you do a different filter adjustment, and set the playback rate a bit slower
ect... for each step (if you want.)

For a more specific explanation about the difference between P-Locks and Trigless Trigs read this thread:
http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=178795&catid=9
King Koopa
Re:What are trifles Locks and what are they used for 10 Years, 9 Months ago
regular trigs trigger samples, envelopes, and LFOs

trigless trigs trigger envelopes and LFOs

trigless locks don't trigger anything, they just change parameters according to the plocks on that step
Go to top Post Reply