As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT: playing midi chords? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT: playing midi chords?
Chain Chomp
OT: playing midi chords? 10 Years, 9 Months ago
When I setup the ot to play 4 notes on a midi track, I can hear the chords when running the sequencer. But I would also like to hear them when playing the triggers in chromatic mode. Is that possible?
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:OT: playing midi chords? 10 Years, 9 Months ago
no, the audio tracks are not polyphonic. you can play midi chords, in midi chromatic mode, though.
Chain Chomp
Thanks for the quick reply, but i wasn't talking about audio tracks. I'm still talking about midi tracks. If you go into live record mode, with a midi track set up with chords and input notes with the triggers, you only hear 1 note. When the sequencer plays the recorded notes, you hear the chords.
Cappy
Gear:

Octatrack
Waldorf Blofeld
I don't think what you're asking is possible.
I also would like to play chords with chromatic mode, but it is extremely hit and miss with and without a keyboard. It's really meant to be step sequenced.

It's a blessing AND a curse. Often I just record direct to audio and avoid midi altogether. Step sequencing can be extremely creative as well.

Sorry thats probably not what you wanted to hear.
Chain Chomp
I think what you are talking about is 1 step further. I'm not trying to play chords with the triggers by pressing multiple triggers at once. Just one trigger at the time. But I would expect, when I have set the values for the other notes to say +4, +5 and +9, when I press 1 trigger, I would hear 4 notes.
1 finger chords would be awesome, I loved them on the Monomachine (with the internal ENS machines I mean, not unfortunately possible with the MIDI sequencer).
Go to top Post Reply