As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear smooth transitions between song's arrangement parts in OT (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: smooth transitions between song's arrangement parts in OT
smooth transitions between song's arrangement parts in OT 10 Years, 11 Months ago
for example, if I have a "verse" and want in to transit into a drop, so in order to make it smoother/accentuate I would need some fx-sample (a white-noise or a pitch-riser or a reversed cymbal crash or..) just prior to the drop. that's just a very basic and very common case found in almost any electronic genre. what is the most natural way to implement this scenario in OT?

(verse) -> (drop)
part1.patternA01 -> part2.patternA02
+armed 1-shot trig
with loaded some
fx sample.

?
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:smooth transitions between song's arrangement parts in OT 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Yeah, 1-shot trig is what came to my mind. I'm still very new at this box and hoping to see more ideas from people.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Re:smooth transitions between song's arrangement parts in OT 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Another option using same pattern (or different pattern within same part) is to simply use a scene. Turn x-vol on kick to 0 or full, Use delay or reverb or Comb filter feedback or whatever to create your swoosh etc.

Not sure if you are using OT arranger, as this only allows you to have scene fully selected, not any position of the x-fader (sadly), so you would have to do it manually.
Goomba
There are some useful examples on how to use scenes to transition in this document by Merlin:

http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=611&Itemid=30

Contains lots of other good info too. I just got my Octatrack yesterday, and it was very useful to read through that.
Go to top Post Reply