As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT: Using Scenes on Midi-Tracks? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT: Using Scenes on Midi-Tracks?
Goomba
OT: Using Scenes on Midi-Tracks? 11 Years ago
Hey,

am I right that it is not possible to assign the controller of a midi-track to the scenes?

If not this should be implemented. I would love to use the scenes on arpeggiator settings...

THX
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
www.exuviae-music.com

Current band members: Octatrack, A4, Ultranova
Re:OT: Using Scenes on Midi-Tracks? 11 Years ago
Correct, it does not yet exist, but I know for a fact that it has been asked for.
Cappy
Gear:

Octatrack
Waldorf Blofeld
This would be literally amazing since I'm getting my first synth (Blofeld) in two days

But isn't the problem that it wouldn't be smooth, but more steppy due to midi?
Goomba
I've been using a Doepfer Regelwerk controller sending multiple channels of velocity, volume change, and system exclusive control simultaneously to my roland MKS7 and other synths with no stepping issues whatsoever. I'd love to see MIDI track scenes implemented.
Chain Chomp
On a device with proper midi implementation, the values are interpolated, so no stepping issues. Would love this in the OT. Don't understand why its not already there, i'm sure its possible.
About a million times this has been asked before....

Elektron stated it won't be implemented. Probably because one could easely overload the midi bus using scenes and the crossfader.
King Koopa
I probably already asked this one of those other million times but... I can see how whipping 80 CCs back and forth could be a problem, why not the other parameters though? I mean, you could twiddle all of the arp knobs to oblivion and you would never send more MIDI messages than if you just had it set at the max rate the whole time, right? or am I missing something?

in other words, is there a reason the parameters which are essentially only changing on the OT can't be locked?

I'm over it, just curious at this point.. and may occasionally find myself daydreaming about arp scenes...
MK7
Killer Beez
they don't implement it, has been asked from day one.

Lemur!

EDIT: I also think that midi traffic is the main reason but they could just limit the amount of data sent. however, I don't think that the Blofeld can handle such massive CC control, be it from OT or Lemur, without crashing!
Cappy
2013-04-03, 14:39 You said

hi there, in a future update could you make the crossfader tweak the midi channels ? step-lock midi ? or scenes midi channels ? i think the octa misses only midi tweaks ... best regards

2013-04-03, 14:53 Cenk said

Hi,
I am afraid we do not have any plans for such an update.
Cenk
Elektron

I guess we must forget about it
Chain Chomp
Yep that's sad... You can't even set the lfo depth or something like that in a scene
Go to top Post Reply