As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Elektron Hardware Setup (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Elektron Hardware Setup
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Re:Elektron Hardware Setup 12 Years, 2 Months ago
Ah, that presonus thing.. that might be a very nice idea..
let me think about that for a while..
  The topic has been locked.
Yes it looks good.

He told me, that there are only to possibilities I have:

- this Presonus mixer

or

- a MOTU Setup with additional expansions for more inputs ... which is as expensive as that digital mixer.

And I still don't understand that MOTU way with that expansion ...

I only want EQing and using a compressor on my single tracks and record them - nothing more

With a mixer like the Presonus I could do all EQing ... in it and to produce single waves for remastering I could work with the firewire to record them on my pc or use it as a live mixer, too.

But it's a new product and I don't find tests ... for it
Yoshi
Clips and videos
Hmm..

When i look at the machines your talking about.. I count 5! stereo outs..
(1 for each machine) .. and as extra i some can do even more outputs (like your mnm and md and the virus)..

thats probably why that music-seller says motu + expansion.. I guess that those motu things dont have more then 8 inputs.. so you be 2 inputs short.. they probably have some adat connection so you can add another 8.. but hmm thats a motu + adat thing.. (then you have 16 inputs).. aparantly the motu + adatthing is the price of a mixer ..

the good thing though.. the motu will also come with outputs.. this can be crazy fun.. if you use your machinedrum / virus /mnm as a filter.. heh, in my studio everything with an input = more fun ... stuff like octatrack even has 2 stereo inputs (or 4 mono). which.. if you figure out how the sampling works.. you can do weird stuff with it.. i had fun results sampling my xoxbox on the fly..

and thats what i miss on the presonus thing.. nice subbusses which only come with the bigger ones.. (which are expansive).. sure you can use the 4 mono auxes.. but
hmm if you like some filter. just plug m into a subbus... in the other studio .. i use subbusses to get bunch of channels to 1 filter.. or 1 sampler.. heh.. press the bus button.. and poef into kaospad or the sampler.. or something into kaospoad and then into the sampler..

routing can be awesome..

in all other ways that presonus looked like a beauty.. so i dont say its a shitty table.
i just miss something.. if you never use your machines as a giant filterbox.. who cares about busses.. for the other stuff aux works fine..
Yes that's it!

MOTU with expansion is as expensive as that mixer!

And I think if I connect the outputs of all my hardware machines freaky I can work with 16 channels!

And yes your filter tips are interesting, too hmmm

It's really not easy to create a perfect setup because the really big machines are very expensive ...

EDIT: Another question

How good are Machinedrum and Monomachine really for internal mixing? Can i do things like LowCuts with that build in EQs? Perhaps I can save some more Outputs, too and get an 8 channel goal?

I made a thread in the Presonus Forum, too, to ask all my noob questions about that mixer:

http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/0/20640.page#145204

Let's look what Presonus users think about my plan, too!
Chain Chomp
The some focusrite and MOTU soundcards can save the audio settings right into the hardware. I have a focusrite and it uses "mixcontrol" software. Mixcontrol is confusing...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1avPHhiGw8

The Yamaha 01V96 is the updated (much more expensive version!).

http://www.ebay.de/itm/YAMAHA-01V-Digital-Mischpult-Effekte-Digitalmischpult-Mixer-OVP-1J-GEWAHR-/320855645366?pt=Mixers&hash=item4ab47c9cb6#ht_9120wt_1281

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul98/articles/yam01v.html
WOW ! This digital mixer is from 1995 and has so many channels and is really cheap ??

Have I something to note because it's so old ?

Why today, they are so expensive?

In another german forum I got this solution with an audiointerface, too:

MOTU 828 MKIII Hybrid or Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

and with ADAT:

Behringer ADA-8000

= 16 Line Ins

So now, that are the possibilities:

1. Audiointerfaces with MOTU

2. Presonus StudioLive 1602 or Yamaha 01V

3. Yamaha AW2400
Yoshi
Clips and videos
Nice isnt it, all these options...
hehe, i bet now you understand why it takes some people 30 years before they have their dreamstudio just because it takes a long time to sort everythign
Yes, and there are still more possibilities

RME FIREFACE UC
and with ADAT
Behringer ADA-8000

or

Echo AUDIOFIRE 12
is Firewire
but with 2 of them you have 24 Line In!

and this audiointerfaces are not expansive
but for midi sync you'll need an extra Sync Clock

It would be great if all manufatures would work together to built one big machine together with all wishes included
Re:Elektron Hardware Setup 12 Years, 1 Month ago
Well, I'm still searching for the best option ...

But I think this Yamaha machines are good possibilities because of a better live option and I can sync my DAW with Midi to my hardware synths and can put some Line Outs from my PC in a Yamaha mixer, too. So, it's possible to work with VST Synths, too in a Yamaha mixer.

But the question is, which Yamaha Mixer should I buy?

- Yamaha 01V

or

- Yamaha AW2400

or

- Korg D3200

All of them I could get cheap!
Yoshi
Clips and videos
Re:Elektron Hardware Setup 12 Years, 1 Month ago
count all the inputs on your machines..
count all the outputs on your machines..
and see which option comes closest
remember.. its not just audio from pc 2 mixer
but also audio from pc 2 mixer 2 machine 2 mixer 2 pc .. for the most awesome
fx chains
Go to top Post Reply