As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:[Did you know..] FX machines and triggers (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:[Did you know..] FX machines and triggers
Hammer Bro
[Did you know..] FX machines and triggers 13 Years, 11 Months ago
Alright lovely people,

just realised yesterday that when working with FX machines for transforming incoming signal, triggers still contribute the corresponding note values.

This means that, in the case of Ring Modulation, if you choose to trigger the machine with Concert A, you're in effect multiplying the signal with 440Hz, whereas with A one octave below that, you're ring modulating the signal with 220Hz.

I'm not sure exactly how this acts in other effects like flanger or phaser - surely if you choose to trigger with a C8 note, you'll notice that you lose some low end whereas a C2 sounds more beefy..

Best

ToS
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
tIB was here
Re:[Did you know..] FX machines and triggers 13 Years, 11 Months ago
never thought about this beyond the ring mod... I used to run an arp on that to vary things. maybe that would work on the other efx machines too.
Hammer Bro
Now I get it - it's got to do with whether filter tracking is enabled or not (in Globals > Assign > HPF and LPF set to ON). If it's on and you trigger high octaves, the signal is hi-passed
I noticed this, and actually use it on some tracks. I took the reveerb machine, and turned up the res on the filter, and with the filter set from ca 80 and down, I can clearly hear the difference in notes for FX triggers. kinda cool, and makes for some useful pseudo-accenting of notes and ghost notes
Game & Watch
Re:[Did you know..] FX machines and triggers 13 Years, 10 Months ago
i had no idea about this. amazing info, quite a unique facet.
Go to top Post Reply