As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:MmM ORGAN PATCH and TIPS (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:MmM ORGAN PATCH and TIPS
Game & Watch
MmM ORGAN PATCH and TIPS 16 Years, 1 Month ago
Well I copy it from the original thread...it could be more useful here

ORGAN SYNTHESIS TIPS

organ sounds are like chords themselves, I mean a sigle note have several strong frequency components that could match other note frequencies than the fundamental, even in a single played note

so you could use the ensemble machine´s "notes" to get something similar

sometimes with this machine the added notes could be too loud to get just harmonics but try it anyway...with a bit of lowpass filtering you could make those high frquencies softer leaving the fundamental dominate the timbre

a very common thing to do while making organs in analog synths is to use a sub oscillator TWO octaves below the main oscillator, both making square waves

you can get such oscillator arranges by using the superwave square or ensemble

in ensemble you can also get some "middle" harmonics by setting notes to specific intervals...and don´t forget to set the wave parameter to achieve an square wave

then set a lowpass filter (static, don´t modulate it) in a low to mid frequency and tur up resonance...

with classic ADSR you could use the amp EG to simulate the characteristic organ click at the start of the sound, but you got no luck whit the odd EG on the monomachine...
Instead of this trick you can use an LFO with max modulation aplied to volume in order to get a spike at the start of the sound...
Just put the LFO in one-shot mode, choose a linear or logarithmic falling curve and set the speed fast top get a short "click" at the attack of the sound

another way is to set the filter EG to minimum time attacjk and decay, and turn up a little the EG depth of the filter

the amp has to be controlled by a kind of gate EG, so choose minimum attack and release and set decay to max to get infinite sustain

use the other LFO to achieve leslie-style FX by modulate pan and pitch in a doppler way...

if you´re in the ensemble oscillator you can fat your organ using the chorus in the synth section

put some reverb with long decay but in very little quaqntity, so you can only hear the tail when you leave the keys

FM is another way of get organ sounds because of the ability of this synthsis method to get several harmonics from just 2 oscillators...try exact multiples of modullator/carrrier frequencies relationship to get those harmonic regions in the organ

after that you could shape some things with the EQ...I mean get some harmonic region lower or higher in amplitude...It works better making a deep notch and then ssweep frequencies to find different variations...when you like some point try adjusting the leven again rising a little the gain so the notch goes less deep

distortion on the MnM is very crude and digital so maybe it not suited for dub organs...I think you´ll go better with an external analog device, a tube one ore a modelling thing like the some of the POD models

ORGAN PATCH (MnM)

VERY IMPORTANT : FIRST turn OFF the keyboard tracking of both filters!!!

KIT > ASSIGN > KEY > HPF and LPF has to be in OFF!!!

then set as follows:

SYNTH > SUPERWAVE ENSEMBLE MACHINE

PITCH 1 = -12
PITCH 2 = 2/3
PITCH 3 = 12
WAVE = 127 (SQUARE)
PW = 29
CHRL = 9
CHRW = 127
TUNE = 0

-----------------------------------------------------------
AMP

A = 0
H = 0
D = 127
R = 0
DIST = -9
VOL = 90
PAN = 0
PORT = 0

-------------------------------------------------------------
FILTER

BASE = 2
WIDTH = 79
HPQ = 84
LPQ = 31
A = 0
D = 0
BOFS = -6
HOFS = 16

--------------------------------------------------------------
FX

EQF = 79
EQG = 11
SRR = 0
DTIM = 2
DSND = -19
DFB = 56
DBSS = 22
DWID = 81

LFO 1

PAGE = PITCH
DEST = 1/12
TRIG = FREE
WAVE = TRI
MULT = 32x
SPEED = 64
INTL = 0
DEPTH = 33

LFO 2

PAGE = AMP
DEST = VOL
TRIG = FREE
WAVE = TRI
MULT = 32x
SPEED = 50
INTL = 0
DEPTH = 12

LFO 3

PAGE = AMP
DEST = PAN
TRIG = FREE
WAVE = TRI
MULT = 16x
SPEED = 64
INTL = 0
DEPTH = 55

now go to octave 6...play step keys 9, 13 and 16 ritmically, then holding that interval move the whole chord 2 semitones and you´ll be transported to bossa territory instantly

if the sounds too dissonant in some chords you can change the interval of the osc pitch 3
try change the wave, PW, filter width and EQ freq parameters to get another tonalities
  The topic has been locked.
Re:MmM ORGAN PATCH and TIPS 15 Years, 7 Months ago
Thanks alot for posting this..

I got my MnM SFX6 just a week ago and these kind of posts really help me to handle my new machine ..

I have been searching on this forum for more of these sound parameters, but i cant find.

Am i missing some thread since you are talking about ''the originial thread''

Thanks!
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply