As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure?
King Koopa
Sound Design and Creative Audio Manipulation in Ableton Live
http://sounddesigntutorials.com
Re:Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure? 15 Years, 11 Months ago
jsrockit wrote:
After way too many years of making music, I'm still just a beginner...probably always will be.

You and me both. I've been doing this for 10 years and there is still so much to learn. I just know about a lot of these little things because I am one of those unfortunate souls that actually enjoys reading instruction manuals. I probably read the MD manual 10 times through before even getting one.

Great rule of thumb that I use when reading Elektron manuals, specifically: Pay special attention to the bolded notes below the descriptions of the functions. They often contain really great tips and tricks.

- Nick
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re:Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure? 15 Years, 11 Months ago
yes!
read the manual, it doesn't do anything BUT HELP!

for me, chaining two patterns was enough of a reason not to buy the MK II MD
Cappy
Re:Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure? 15 Years, 9 Months ago
Nick the Zombie wrote:
Yep, this is a bread and butter trick on the MD Try combining it with the function+classic mode button (reloads the current kit). This allows you to wreak as much havoc on your sounds as you want and then go back to the default settings in a snap.

cheers, i've been wondering how to get back to original kit quickly, nice one
Game & Watch
hageir wrote:
yes!

*feels stupid*

I really hadn't realised you could chain the patterns whilst in record mode...awesome.. 8 bar loops here i come.

As PT says song mode is awesome but I never seem to spend enough time with my MD to get out of pattern and into song mode...need more time.
King Koopa
Sound Design and Creative Audio Manipulation in Ableton Live
http://sounddesigntutorials.com
onthefly wrote:
Nick the Zombie wrote:
Yep, this is a bread and butter trick on the MD Try combining it with the function+classic mode button (reloads the current kit). This allows you to wreak as much havoc on your sounds as you want and then go back to the default settings in a snap.

cheers, i've been wondering how to get back to original kit quickly, nice one

No problem, enjoy!
Game & Watch
ipassenger wrote:
hageir wrote:
yes!

*feels stupid*

I really hadn't realised you could chain the patterns whilst in record mode...awesome.. 8 bar loops here i come.

As PT says song mode is awesome but I never seem to spend enough time with my MD to get out of pattern and into song mode...need more time.

There seems to be a problem with this...:

When programming p-locks over 2 chained 2bar patterns, if you take yr time fine tuning the value it ends up setting the same value to the same step on both of the 2bar patterns....and hence they sound the same. I did this whilst programming a Midi machine so don't know if this is the same with the synth machines.
Go to top Post Reply