As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:Forgotten Fun with CTRL8P and MD (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Forgotten Fun with CTRL8P and MD
Game & Watch
Forgotten Fun with CTRL8P and MD 15 Years, 11 Months ago
Had forgotten how much fan can be had by P-lock params with the CTRL8. Works really well with drum sounds, like the Noise or Sine or many of the EFM sounds. Really good for creating patterns unrelated to the drum triggers. I would also imagine that it is awesome with UW looped samples.

If you then overlay some CTRL-AL stuff it gets pretty mental pretty quick.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Sound Design and Creative Audio Manipulation in Ableton Live
http://sounddesigntutorials.com
Re:Forgotten Fun with CTRL8P and MD 15 Years, 11 Months ago
Thanks for reminding me of this. I have been so wrapped up in getting fancy with the UW and per-trigger parameter locks that I totally forgot you can do this. Still can't believe how deep this machine is.
Game & Watch
Re:Forgotten Fun with CTRL8P and MD 15 Years, 11 Months ago
Indeed. earlier i got a really nice hi hat sound out of the TRX BD2!

Cappy
Re:Forgotten Fun with CTRL8P and MD 15 Years, 10 Months ago
Also, notice that you can copy a CTR-8P note and paste it on another track - i.e. the track wich is controlled by the ctr machine.
Rew
Chain Chomp
GoumLeChat wrote:
Also, notice that you can copy a CTR-8P note and paste it on another track - i.e. the track wich is controlled by the ctr machine.

woah!!! *head explodes*
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
copy/paste stars explode........... great tip thank you very much..
Cappy
You're welcome

And it works the other way too, but be careful : if you lock something on the effects and/or routing page and copy the note on 8p machine, it will modify the track/parameter assgination.
Boo
sorry I don't get the value of this technique. I understand the CTRL machines, but if you copy a note from a CTRL8 track to a target track, the references to parameters in the former are translated to the parameters of the latter. What's the sonic potential here, then?
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
dangulberry wrote:
sorry I don't get the value of this technique. I understand the CTRL machines, but if you copy a note from a CTRL8 track to a target track, the references to parameters in the former are translated to the parameters of the latter. What's the sonic potential here, then?

IF you then save the kit, the changes you made with the 8P machine will be saved permanently with kit.
Boo
ah, right. thanks.

I thought/hoped it might be another way of coaxing unusual behaviour out of the MD!
Go to top Post Reply