As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:MD sysex file (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:MD sysex file
Chain Chomp
MD sysex file 13 Years, 3 Months ago
hey guys. just a heads up that i uploaded a sysex file of an all MDUWII track that i did quite a while ago. it's called on the range. i just wanted to double-check that it loads and sounds coherant, as i'm not 100% sure i uploaded the right sysex. if it doesn't work for you, just let me know and i'll upload the only other sysex i have for the MD.

The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Re:MD sysex file 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Just downloaded it to see if it worked. As far as I can tell the patterns all play fine and the three samples you've included are functional. (I saved them to ROM slots 1, 3 and 4 as their names apparently indicate I should do.)

Checking the patterns, it appears that you've got tracks that play samples numbered 1-9 (at least - maybe more), so I'm not sure if you deleted these, or they proved extraneous/unnecessary, etc.

Have you got an mp3 version I could check it against? Looked at your Soundcloud, coudn't find one but maybe I'm blind

In any case please post one if you do, cos even if I've only got part of it, this is a cool track and a real lesson in glitch and experimental hiphop. I think lots of MD UW owners could learn from it, especially if they had your original version handy for comparison.

Thanks for posting
Chain Chomp
great, thanks for the response!

here's a link to the full track:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7342434/on%20the%20range.mp3

as i said, it's been about three years since i completed that track, and i had to sell the MDUWII long ago so i had no way to test to see if it was the right sysex. but i only made one track with the MD-- 2 differerent drafts. and i only have two sysex files so i'm hoping the one i uploaded was the finished draft.

really glad you enjoyed!
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
It all seems to be there. Thanks again.
Go to top Post Reply