As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:question regarding copyright of uploaded files (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:question regarding copyright of uploaded files
MK7
Killer Beez
question regarding copyright of uploaded files 13 Years, 3 Months ago
As i said in some other thread, i would like to share a small set i'm currently working on in sysex format. i would like to hear what you might create out of it and, if someone uses it in a set, that would also be nice.

But: i don't want to find my beats 4 weeks later on beatport. especially because 1-2 of them are better than anything else i created by now.

Is there a way to protect sysex files? license, copyright?

Additionally, there are some samples included from licensed libraries. what about these samples, if i upload them? (assuming that you don't have the same libraries) are they allowed to be used inside the beats, but not to be copied? and most importantly for me: am i allowed to upload these samples?
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
tIB was here
Re:question regarding copyright of uploaded files 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Ive never really worried about any of this stuff, I guess you could creative commons them but I dont really see the point. If someone wants to steal ideas or loops and stuff is online they will... Id just be flattered.
Killer Beez
I guess there's always the good 'ol hard copy in some sort of 'certified mail' to yourself that you never open.Or perhaps some sort of legal witness signiture to your package being sealed.
Then you have something to work with legaly in the event that someone ever has a smashing commercial success using your work. Definatelty include with the downloadable files a proper disclaimer of what rights of usage you grant.

Otherwise, I hope you do share your creations with us!
Yoshi
whooooooosh

lamonddesign

lamonddesign@gmail.com
if someone wanted one of my patterns or samples Id be so happy I think my third leg would fall off lol
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
^ LOL my thinking too (unless it turns out to be the biggest smash summer hit of 2011, then I'd be downright pissed )
Game & Watch
gurulogic wrote:
I guess there's always the good 'ol hard copy in some sort of 'certified mail' to yourself that you never open.
Sidenote but the certified mail tactic does not have legal weight in the US. Kind of an urban legend, at least over here.

You can put your copyright info and any terms in the Zip file. Whether everyone will follow them, who knows. For the most part we are a pretty good bunch around here though.
MK7
Killer Beez
for me that is an issue. nevertheless just a side issue, because i'm creating this stuff for live sessions, DJ sets etc.

gurulogic wrote:

Otherwise, I hope you do share your creations with us!

yes i will. but at first i have to finalize it properly to avoid that more professional users yawn once listening to it. at least they should stay awake

and i hope that more users will follow and this forum develops to a kind of share database of Machinedrum sets (like with the MD DJ Project)

Veets wrote:
You can put your copyright info and any terms in the Zip file. Whether everyone will follow them, who knows. For the most part we are a pretty good bunch around here though.

sounds practical
Go to top Post Reply