As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re:SID Station Logic Editor OSX (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:SID Station Logic Editor OSX
Goomba
SID Station Logic Editor OSX 13 Years, 11 Months ago
Hi - has anyone made one? I'm thinking of setting aside a few hours to make an editor environment (logic 8 Mac Pro OSX Leopard) for my beloved SID Station, to unlock its marvels, but if someone's already done it or made a start, that might well save me the bother - or some of it...

Had a little scour of the internet to no avail - anyone here done it?

Cheers Ed
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:SID Station Logic Editor OSX 13 Years, 11 Months ago
just started working on one myself this week. i've put in the basic controls so oscillators and the basic filter cc, but the sysex stuff still requires some work... maybe i'll upload something later this week
Goomba
As an elektron sidstation newbie, i would love to be able to track down a working mac editor. So pleeeeeeeeaze post soon...!
Goomba
This turned out to be less easy than i thought - and of course I had less time than I hoped. I won't make it in Logic, its SysEx implementation is too limited, unless someone here has some new insights. As far as I'm aware, any SysEx message you send from Logic can contain only 1 variable to be read from a fader. That's not enough for editing a complete patch where I'd like to send a whole bunch of variable values in one single SysEx patch dump. Does anyone know how to construct a SysEx message in the Logic environment based on multiple fader settings?

I'm now looking to see if javasound can do what i want instead. If I have something interesting to share, I'll post it.
Cappy
Re:SID Station Logic Editor OSX 13 Years, 10 Months ago
I made a half baked controller template for my Novation SL. I thought about doing one for my BCR2000, but that proved to be more involved than I wanted to get.

I had an exchange with the folks who do these products:
http://www.rekonaudio.com/

They seemed interested in doing one for the Sid, but they have a lot in development already.
Go to top Post Reply