As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re:OT lab #4 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT lab #4
Admin
Re:OT lab #4 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Implied wrote:
A lot of us newbies would start taking part if these labs were turned into educational material. If we could learn from what you guys are doing then we'd be more inclined to use the knowledge and expand on it.

you learn by participating -- that's what science labs have always been about. and most people are open with their sysex and techniques. all you have to do is ask!

M
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:OT lab #4 10 Years, 7 Months ago
^ Indeed, the participation is the learning, the best labs have very tight restrictions that force participants into digging deep and discovering, and if you read through the threads usually any techniques used are explained.

I can't recommend dipping into the labs enough, you could even try doing some of the old ones and posting your results, I gurantee you will learn something and have fun whilst doing so
Cappy
Re:OT lab #4 10 Years, 6 Months ago
Implied wrote:
darenager wrote:
Nice to see the usual suspects taking part again

It is a shame that more people don't take part.

Nice track Mr B

I'll have a go at something over the weekend time permitting, knee deep in components and solder at the moment

A lot of us newbies would start taking part if these labs were turned into educational material. If we could learn from what you guys are doing then we'd be more inclined to use the knowledge and expand on it.

Based on my own trial-and-error and general exploration, this is what I believe Daren did to create that amazing track out of one sample.

1. For the bass part, use a Flex Machine track. Play with the Rate, RTIM, and RTRG parameters in the Playback page. You'll get a bass line one way or another. You may have to slice it - with slices you can set an individual pitch per slice to get different bass notes. Or I guess if you just take a short sample of the bass line, you can trigger the sample with p-locks to change pitch values.

2. Comb Filter can produce those bell-like notes. Seems to work best with percussive audio. Like #1 above, use sample triggers with p-locks to get changing pitches.

Daren made it look so easy, didn't he? To do what he did would take me about a week's worth of work (if I had a week off from my day job) - lots of editing, setting up triggers, etc.

I'm a noob myself, but will at some point participate in a Lab, unless the new Elektronauts forum kills this one. I'm sure someone will start Labs there.
Go to top Post Reply