As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Re:We need more video tutorials please Elekron University (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:We need more video tutorials please Elekron University
Goomba
We need more video tutorials please Elekron University 14 Years, 1 Month ago
We need a place where members can upload or put links to video tutorials on how to
perform certain task with Elektron products . Like how to make a deep bass, pads, efx, and the best way to use samples and song mode etc.. We need an Elektron University with video tutorials for learning archiving and referencing . I feel I will never truly unlock the power of these beautiful machines with out video support from my Elektron family. For example there are people here on this forum who are very knowledgeable but it's kinda hard to read about a parameter lock than it is for people to see hear a feel it . I'm not talking about you-tube videos
with somebody tweaking and turning knobs for there enjoyment I'm talking about step by step teaching.

There is a thread here discussing it . Thanks
http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=83766&catid=9
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:We need more video tutorials please Elekron University 14 Years, 1 Month ago
In my world there's nothing more rewarding than self-discoveries and I'm a firm believer that Elektrons are designed with this spirit in mind.

If you dig here, there are a some useful sysex files shared n the Files section which you can load into your unit that get you started. Some of the preset kits/patterns - even if they're not to your taste - do give insight in sound design possibilites and routings.

Count me as interested if there was a future as Elektron teacher
Game & Watch
I'd have to defer to the moderators, but I'm not sure that hosting videos here is going to be the ideal solution. Site hosting is not free and typically costs increase as a function of the quantity of data transmitted. It's one thing to be a site that is primarily about text with the odd sysex and audio file being downloaded. It's another to be a video-intensive site. I can't think of any of the other forums I regularly visit that have a substantial video component. Again, the moderators might know more about this.

There are a number of good instructional videos made by members of this forum that are up on Youtube. Also on other forums I've been a part of, there have been some enterprising members who have made comprehensive videos of instructional material along the lines of what you're suggesting but they have sold them for $50 and up.

If you want to have a look at the Next Level tips guide, there are notations made in there that indicate the existence of instructional videos that accompany the tips. Hopefully that will get you started on some of the instructional videos.

Finally, just to be realistic, it's a lot easier for people to type in their ideas/recommendations than it is to go through the hoops of setting up a video camera, recording, uploading etc. Just keeping it real here. I'd suggest digging into the machines themselves like Em mentioned because it could be a pretty long time before someone collects all possible tips and converts them into all possible videos. Just my two cents.
Goomba
Veets wrote:
I'd have to defer to the moderators, but I'm not sure that hosting videos here is going to be the ideal solution. Site hosting is not free and typically costs increase as a function of the quantity of data transmitted. It's one thing to be a site that is primarily about text with the odd sysex and audio file being downloaded. It's another to be a video-intensive site. I can't think of any of the other forums I regularly visit that have a substantial video component. Again, the moderators might know more about this.

There are a number of good instructional videos made by members of this forum that are up on Youtube. Also on other forums I've been a part of, there have been some enterprising members who have made comprehensive videos of instructional material along the lines of what you're suggesting but they have sold them for $50 and up.

If you want to have a look at the Next Level tips guide, there are notations made in there that indicate the existence of instructional videos that accompany the tips. Hopefully that will get you started on some of the instructional videos.

Finally, just to be realistic, it's a lot easier for people to type in their ideas/recommendations than it is to go through the hoops of setting up a video camera, recording, uploading etc. Just keeping it real here. I'd suggest digging into the machines themselves like Em mentioned because it could be a pretty long time before someone collects all possible tips and converts them into all possible videos. Just my two cents.

You don't have to host the video, people can just put links to where they are like this ---->
------------------------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wc7eO65Was
it's as simple as that. I don't think it's hard to post a youtube video. I'm just saying let's put all the videos that are tutorials in one place. And as far as collecting all possible tips you will never have everything but you will have a foundation to start .
Go to top Post Reply