As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Old posts
Boo
Old posts 17 Years, 3 Months ago
I'm looking for an older post - someone posted a link to a piece of software that tests midi timing and now I can't find it. Throughout all the forums, the number of topics far exceeds what is actually viewable so I'm wondering...where did all the old posts go?
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re: Old posts 17 Years, 3 Months ago
Let me save you the trouble. Software can't test midi timing! Not unless you are using Linux with a Real Time Kernal. If you are on OS X, Windows (anything) or Linux then forget about it, system timing is very low priority.

In short you PC has no FN clue about timing so there is no way software on it can have any idea either.

So if you are paranoid about timing and you are sync'ing everything from your DAW then... well... you shouldn't be. The MD is TIGHT, check it out on a DSO or if you are old school a CRO... want tight timing, make the MD the master clock.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
It looks like the forum pagination doesn't allow one to retrieve very old posts. They still exist, but they are hard to access. We will look into correcting this. Good lookin' out.
Boo

nkirchner wrote:
Let me save you the trouble. Software can't test midi timing! Not unless you are using Linux with a Real Time Kernal. If you are on OS X, Windows (anything) or Linux then forget about it, system timing is very low priority.

In short you PC has no FN clue about timing so there is no way software on it can have any idea either.

So if you are paranoid about timing and you are sync'ing everything from your DAW then... well... you shouldn't be. The MD is TIGHT, check it out on a DSO or if you are old school a CRO... want tight timing, make the MD the master clock.

OK. But this does not change the fact that I'd still like to see that post.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Just keep your pants on.
Admin

booblitz wrote:
OK. But this does not change the fact that I'd still like to see that post.

As glaive said we're trying to sort out why the paginate is truncating the forums, but until then 'Search' works fine. I just tested it and it allowed me to search all the way back to the og days.
Boo
yeah, I wasn't replying to you guys. I was replying to the essay I got from nkirchner
Go to top Post Reply