As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re: Finished my SID project! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Finished my SID project!
Re: Finished my SID project! 18 Years, 3 Months ago
yes it def sounds very cool. i think the MnM emulation is great in its own way tho. and i disagree about the filters stepping, i don't really hear that in the Sid (they're analog, so you shouldn't).
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
the filters do not step, everything else does - including the midi level control. I might wire a volume knob into the design when I go back in with a power switch.
Hammer Bro
did you build the application code, or use a ready made HEX? Anything tasty in there?
Killer Beez
its the standard MIOS sid app

the only thing tasty in there is the SID - tastes like Chicken!
Cappy
Thanks for testing my 2 SID chips. I hope to get my project started ASAP.

-M
Cappy

milkmansnd wrote:
the OS is a breeze to deal with - yesterday I threw together about 6 patches in about 20 minutes. Once you get used to the OS you can fly through it - like the evolver. What its not great for is tweaking filters and stuff live - but that sucks anyways cause you get digital stepping. Even entering midi data I notice and switching programs causes the SID to make a little noise. Oh well - like I said, its $75 and it sounds cool. Its not all analog? Huh. It still sounds cool as hell though - way way way better than the emulator on the monomachine!

Does anyone know if the SidStation has the same problems?

What its not great for is tweaking filters and stuff live - but that sucks anyways cause you get digital stepping. Even entering midi data I notice and switching programs causes the SID to make a little noise.

How do the two compair? Same almost the same etc
Killer Beez
the SID is the SID, its gonna do what it does no matter what the interface is.
Go to top Post Reply