As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re: the ableton live thread (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: the ableton live thread
Killer Beez
Re: the ableton live thread 18 Years, 4 Months ago
ok sure, poke fun. But you can not deny my point here:

unless you have tens of thousands invested in your gear, its useless to nit pick over one detail. I mean, its only going to get as good as your worst thing... if its a pro-sumer interface, maybe thats the thing we should be discussing.

I did not say do not record or listen to music, I said just the opposite! Do what you can with what you got - don't worry about the fidelity until you are ready to let that stand in the way. Using Live or Cubase makes no difference to me - but yeah, if you are in a real studio environment this might be a worth while discussion. Save the headache and money, and make the music.

jeesh, this thread needs to get laid over the weekend.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com

milkmansnd wrote:
Do what you can with what you got - ...

I think that was Papertiger's intention and the reason this thread even saw the light of day. Ultimately it's all based around the universal principle of "shit in, shit out". As for myself, I want to do as much outside the computer so that when it enters it there is just (hopefully) some level adjusting and the bouncing left. That way it really don't matter that much what sound quality the app has, and thus i will not be bothered by Live's sound engine unless I so chooses.

milkmansnd wrote:
jeesh, this thread needs to get laid over the weekend.

Yes, I would hope so.
yeah I dunno... I think it's good to worry about sound quality and recording quality. cerainly not a bad thing. but you can only go so far with it before it becomes more science than music. if you have an infinite budget and you're comfortable working with whatever DAW is out there, then by all means get crazy scientific! but for most of us, I think we have to find our personal happy ground with whatever DAW or instruments we choose to make our music with. and in the case of Live vs SX, that might mean (though this is subjective) sacrificing a bit of higher fidelity audio for a better and more comfortable workflow.
Yoshi
i'm a bit sceptical about this kind of discussions. on another forum someone was mentioning bob katz doing a test of summing in different DAW apps, taking the same samples, exporting and doing bit-wise comparisons of the results. his conclusion was that it was exactly the same for all DAW's he tested. (now i didn't read this myself and i don't know wich apps he tested)

i say: let's hear 2 of your exports, one from cubase and one from live
Chain Chomp
I think someone else needs to get laid (myself, and I'm married!). What do you guys mean by summing here? I kind of know what it means.

It may be too early for me also.
Admin
divi,

your idea is reasonable -- the way the thread was going, i was ready to just let it go. . . but i will try and post something this weekend.

-M
Go to top Post Reply