As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re: The Secret Of Comedy... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: The Secret Of Comedy...
Boo
My latest album: 3/5 Q Magazine, 4/5 Aversion.com, buy it here!
The Secret Of Comedy... 18 Years, 5 Months ago
I'd like to ask you peeps: what's your experience of timing with modern gear? Not just sequencers and drum machines: I've noticed that some synths are more "there" than others.

So far, the only kit I've got that is as solid and funky as my 808 is the Monomachine (I'm assuming the MD is just as solid).

But I've been reading a lot of people here slavering over the MPCs and I'm guessing they must be rock-solid too since all my hip hop mates swear by them?

The thing is, I use Logic to record and while it's great, it's not inspiring. I find myself writing songs on guitar, my old synth gear or the Mono. When I'm playing Logic synths, it's like they're through a veil. The Mono is in-your-face.

If you have any timing tips or perhaps other new kit you love the feel of, please share!

:-D
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re: The Secret Of Comedy... 18 Years, 5 Months ago
start building a modular, frac rack is my preference(blacet, wiard, paia) also the future retro revolution or 777 is pretty awesome, the remix feature on the revolution is really neat and inspiring, program somthing in, remix it, then tweak it to the remix etc....
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply