As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:This gonna sound reallyyyy weird but.....? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:This gonna sound reallyyyy weird but.....?
Chain Chomp
This gonna sound reallyyyy weird but.....? 10 Years, 6 Months ago
So I have a pair of KRKs, sound great and all that but the yellow cones are really starting to freak me out now! I can't visualise what I'm making with these big stupid yellow things staring at me. Yes, I'm one of those people that stares at speaker cones when listening to music.

Any suggestions of how to get the yellow out of my room? other than buying a new pair of monitors.
  The topic has been locked.
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Re:This gonna sound reallyyyy weird but.....? 10 Years, 6 Months ago
hahaha, I have the white and yellow KRK 6's and that never bothered me! but, trying to help you out here.....ermmmm....yellow tinted aviators??
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
hahaha, I have the white and yellow KRK 6's and that never bothered me! but, trying to help you out here.....ermmmm....yellow tinted aviators??
Chain Chomp
No chance!

Honestly, fucking yellow!!! I don't know how you cope with white and yellow!
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
I have no ideas that won't possibly affect the way the speaker sounds, but I feel your pain. I had to spend stupid amounts of time repainting my Emu XL7 because I hated that yellow color in my studio.
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
this is just me... so don't take this as advice even, but what I'd do is grab a can of plasti-dip in black.
Heat it up in a pan of water on the stove (not boiling of course, but enough to heat the paint inside the can pretty darn warm). Then i'd pop the drivers out of the cabinets, use blue masking tape around the rubber surrounds only, and then paint those yellow cones with black plasti-dip. It will slow the action, while also dampening the driver, so it will affect the sound, but screw it, they are only Rokits to begin with (I have a set as well that I've modified internally for increased bass response), and if you really don't like it, you can always just peel the plastidip right off in 10 seconds. Worth a shot! (again, to me... this is NOT advice. do NOT follow this SUGGESTION!).

:-p
Chain Chomp
Tarekith wrote:
I have no ideas that won't possibly affect the way the speaker sounds, but I feel your pain. I had to spend stupid amounts of time repainting my Emu XL7 because I hated that yellow color in my studio.

That's comforting! I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Yeah, this is what I'm thinking, nothing that won't affect the sound.
Chain Chomp
HighSage wrote:
this is just me... so don't take this as advice even, but what I'd do is grab a can of plasti-dip in black.
Heat it up in a pan of water on the stove (not boiling of course, but enough to heat the paint inside the can pretty darn warm). Then i'd pop the drivers out of the cabinets, use blue masking tape around the rubber surrounds only, and then paint those yellow cones with black plasti-dip. It will slow the action, while also dampening the driver, so it will affect the sound, but screw it, they are only Rokits to begin with (I have a set as well that I've modified internally for increased bass response), and if you really don't like it, you can always just peel the plastidip right off in 10 seconds. Worth a shot! (again, to me... this is NOT advice. do NOT follow this SUGGESTION!).

:-p

I'll take that as NOT advice and NOT do it as it's NOT a suggestion.

In all seriousness spray paint crossed my mind but not plastidip.

I have actually seen they've started doing KRKs with grey cones.
Hero of Winds
Tarekith wrote:

I guess the MoPho desktop piped straight into a pair of White/Yellow KRK's is the ultimate evil? Because I have this combo and I love it!

Yellow Powah!!
Hammer Bro
just buy some metasonix shit and the krk's will fade out
Go to top Post Reply