As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:DFA sent me a warped vinyl of This is Happening. What to do? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:DFA sent me a warped vinyl of This is Happening. What to do?
Boo
DFA sent me a warped vinyl of This is Happening. What to do? 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Here is a video I made the day my copy of This is Happening arrived by LCD Soundsystem. A few different spots skipped and the vinyl was warped upon arrival. I talked to Kris at DFA and he said he'd send me a new copy tomorrow as of August 28th. It's September 14th and still no vinyl. He also said he'd send a tracking number which he didn't and stopped replying to my emails completely. I don't know what else to do. I feel that paying $25 for a brand new warped and skipping vinyl is a little outrageous to get this sort of treatment. Here is the video of "dance yrself clean" to prove that the vinyl is warped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL-0gUZPRXA
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:DFA sent me a warped vinyl of This is Happening. What to do? 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Ummmm sample that shit! Sounds fuckin cool ha.

In all seriousness I'd be pissed too, as James Murphy is a hero of mine and I'm a vinyl collector myself.

But also, seriously, just sample it and put it on the internet and DARE DFA to serve you a takedown notice!

It's almost a remix filtered through an analog synth and slightly time stretched.
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply