As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:Roadtrip us (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Roadtrip us
Chain Chomp
Roadtrip us 10 Years, 11 Months ago
To escape the great depression here in Europe, me and my favorite ally are going on a US roadtrip later this summer!!

We will be driving from Washington DC to Dallas, Texas, where we will finally get our lucky '13' s tattooed on Friday the 13th at Elmstreet tattoos. (even roadtrips need a purpose, right?)

So why this topic? I'd like to get some tips, maybe in time plan some gigs/shows/meets along our route. Anything really, I don't know anything about the US except for literature, spoonfed television and some documentaries!

The three week route will be:

Washington DC -> Roanoke -> ??? -> Jack Daniel's brewery -> Nashville -> Memphis -> Vicksburg -> New Orleans -> Austin -> Dallas

I feel very proud that grinding the deskjob for the past two years allows us to do this and got me a nice modular and improved studio, yet I feel for most of my friends and acquaintance, who are not able to enjoy roadtrips or modulars or pay their bills. These days with the trouble, all the misery, hate and western economy failing, it's a strange feeling to feel happy and lucky in such terrible times!
  The topic has been locked.
Re:Roadtrip us 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Myself and Ihatederekreed are in Atlanta, which is sort of on your route. Stop by if you can, maybe we can set up a gig or something.

I'm also very familiar with New Orleans. Great town.
Also, I would definitely recommend stopping in Asheville which is on your route for a Moog factory tour. They have tours on week days. Tony Rolando (super nice guy) and his MakeNoise shop are located in Asheville as well. Asheville is a neat town.

Watson, who makes the EIT-1 stands is based out of Eastern Tennessee.

Just DM me.
Chain Chomp
reset wrote:
Also, I would definitely recommend stopping in Asheville which is on your route for a Moog factory tour. They have tours on week days. Tony Rolando (super nice guy) and his MakeNoise shop are located in Asheville as well. Asheville is a neat town.

Watson, who makes the EIT-1 stands is based out of Eastern Tennessee.

Just DM me.

Will do! We still have about 10 weeks to plan and arrange stops. Asheville is a perfect tip, I knew Moog originated there, but never knew they did tours! Does MakeNoise do tours as well..?
Game & Watch
Make sure to take a swim in Barton Springs pool in Austin. It's spring-fed, 65 degrees year-round, and an awesome thing to do in summer! Go to nearby Chuy's for Tex-Mex, classic Austin food.
Not officially, but I'm sure you can hit up Anthony on the MN website. It's a small operation...
Admin
husc wrote:
To escape the great depression here in Europe, me and my favorite ally are going on a US roadtrip later this summer!!

We will be driving from Washington DC to Dallas, Texas, where we will finally get our lucky '13' s tattooed on Friday the 13th at Elmstreet tattoos. (even roadtrips need a purpose, right?)

So why this topic? I'd like to get some tips, maybe in time plan some gigs/shows/meets along our route. Anything really, I don't know anything about the US except for literature, spoonfed television and some documentaries!

The three week route will be:

Washington DC -> Roanoke -> ??? -> Jack Daniel's brewery -> Nashville -> Memphis -> Vicksburg -> New Orleans -> Austin -> Dallas

I feel very proud that grinding the deskjob for the past two years allows us to do this and got me a nice modular and improved studio, yet I feel for most of my friends and acquaintance, who are not able to enjoy roadtrips or modulars or pay their bills. These days with the trouble, all the misery, hate and western economy failing, it's a strange feeling to feel happy and lucky in such terrible times!

I'm located just outside of DC (in Arlington, VA) and Dubathonic (and Lampeo, to a degree) are in the area as well. We should plan a meet up! (especially if your trip is starting from here...)

Feel free to drop me a line at 12bitlibrarian AT gmailZORZ DOT com
Chain Chomp
We will land in DC the 28th of august and we will start driving two days later! Would be a great start of the trip to meet up with you guys!!
Admin
husc wrote:
We will land in DC the 28th of august and we will start driving two days later! Would be a great start of the trip to meet up with you guys!!

cool! work will likely be slow for me that week, so if you guys want to go site-seeing, maybe i could take the day off and join you.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
papertiger wrote:
husc wrote:

cool! work will likely be slow for me that week, so if you guys want to go site-seeing, maybe i could take the day off and join you.

Great to hear you'll be in town! Count me in ... would be great to buy you a beverage for "In the Space of Seven Breaths"
Go to top Post Reply