As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:DIY Elektron Rack (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:DIY Elektron Rack
DIY Elektron Rack 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Hey guys and girls.

I made a short guide on how to make Elektron rack. Got few ideas from here and since people were asking me how to do it I condensed everything and added few photos. I made the rack a while ago so please let me know if you find potential issues there. I will make pdf in some point to put in the files section on the forum. If that could be of any use?

http://www.radek-rudnicki.net/elektron-rack

Let me know what you think.
Take it easy and have fun!

R
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:DIY Elektron Rack 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Wow, thanks for posting this.

I've been wanting to make this kind of rack for sometime now. I'm not much of DIYer so not yet had the confidence to do anything about it.

As well as being practical, this is IMO one the best looking solutions I've seen so far.

Any other documentation as PDF would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
King Koopa
Very sexy solution here. My only suggestion/critic would be to add more angle to the bottom piece. One of the best things about fitting your trons in a rack is having them angled for more ergonomic use. If this stand had more on the back end under the rear of the bottom tron, raising it just an inch or so, it would be perfect. Just my opinion of course, but if you are going to go through the trouble of making a stand you might as well make it really comfortable to use.

I bet adding some good size rubber feet to the back would do the trick.

Really nice either way.
Cheers for the comments guys.
@J0hnny I'm not much DIYer either and this was the first project I made out of wood. I would really encourage you do it. Well worth it.
@Ihatederekreed actually I wanted to make it even wider as more comfy for me, but angle could be adjusted. Indeed you can just glue the rubber or wood as I did.

The only thing I would add is some kind of locking mechanism, so I could fold it and put to the hand luggage without worrying about damaging the knobs. Any idea welcome. I've seen metal cases that did that. They weren't cheap tho. Cost for this one is probably less then £5
really nice!
King Koopa
MD SPS-1UW+
Analog FOUR
Renoise 2.8

http://soundcloud.com/doktor-fibonacci
Wicked man.

Thanks so much for sharing