As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:List of mistakes live on stage - share yours please! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:List of mistakes live on stage - share yours please!
King Koopa
Re:List of mistakes live on stage - share yours please! 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Was playing a show and had a huge mishap. To start off, I've never had a problem drinking while playing out. Typically, I have about 3 drinks through a 2+ hour set. This night, though, I was getting drinks left and right from a friend who was celebrating a bit too much. Everything was going as planned until about an hour in. I was working on a multi-layered buildup with some very long samples, and then the alcohol happened. My friend came up and asked, "how and the hell are you doing all that?!" I showed him some features on the OT, and then for some reason my friend wanted to hear a rhodes through what I was playing. I brought up a rhodes sample, started playing around with live record on the OT while playing and tweaking, and for some reason instead of just getting out of record mode and/or getting rid of the sample and continue with bringing in drums and a kick my brain told me to, "STOP. STOP the rhodes...it's done and it's outlived its usefulness." I double tapped stop twice and was very confused at what just happened with all of my gear coming to a halt. It was as if I couldn't comprehend what was going on. Everything from a bad power conditioner to bad amps ran through my head in milliseconds, but then it hit me that I was to blame. Try as I might to think up anything that might have the same energy (or might after a short buildup), I just couldn't come up with anything. The seconds that passed filled with a few boos and people walking away were the longest seconds of my life. I ultimately conceded with trying to figure out how to rework where I left off and started with some other material I was hoping to get to later on in the night.

Lesson to be learned, don't drink too many in too short of time. No amount of practice and muscle memory was going to save me from my sabotaging drunk brain.
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply