As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:Knocking your MD off the table (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Knocking your MD off the table
Game & Watch
Knocking your MD off the table 10 Years, 11 Months ago
This will cause the + drive to get all fudged up and generally cause feelings of

Arrrrggh....
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:Knocking your MD off the table 10 Years, 11 Months ago
You know how when you see somebody get hit in the groin, and you wince in sympathy? I just did that. My condolences
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Game & Watch
Yep, it's pretty much a kick in the groin (or a Scream). The snapshots/sample banks are partially corrupted. The lower ones are more corrupted than the higher ones. What happens is that a machine will not sound when you play back the pattern. The data is still there and the trigs are visible in record mode. But when you hit play, they don't sound and the trig does not light up. It's not a hardware issue fortunately. I make occasional backups so I guess that is my ice-pack. The various resets don't do anything.
Isnt the +Drive flash memory? It seems like only a HDD would really get damaged form a fall seeing as it has moving parts. You sure something just didnt get knocked loose inside like a connector?
Go to top Post Reply