As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:Beat Battle (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Beat Battle
Beat Battle 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Following the end of my artistic residency I had been looking for the next outlet to focus my creativity info. Along came the Miltown Beatdown 2013. "Download the sample pack" they said, "Send in three tracks" they said. So I did. And I did. And I got in. Assigned to round 7 which is next week, April 17th. Klassik vs. Goodwill vs. Lynd-Oh vs. Allerian

It's been the best month of music writing I've ever had. To participate in the actual battle you need nine 60 second tracks and a few tiebreakers. The first week was great, flying high and dropping tracks all over the place. Then the videos emerged from the early rounds. Damn, everyone is really good here, gotta step it up. The next couple of weeks were rough. Trying hard to bring it harder and make tracks that people can connect to.

And then it all fell into place. I'd make a track that was so much better than the others - and then use that example to elevate my other tracks. This happened a few times and the material got stronger each time around.

Well, the next week is pretty busy and I won't have much time for new material, so it's just practicing, making sure I have everything needed, and a backup duplicate CF card at the ready just in case. Its just me and the Octatrack, my first time doing anything like this. Good bye comfort zone.

If you're in Milwaukee, WI I hope to see you Wednesday night.
http://miltownbeatdown.com/
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Re:Beat Battle 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Good luck!
Chain Chomp
Awesome man - Let us know how you go!
Game & Watch
Allerian wrote:
...bring it harder and make tracks that people can connect to.

And then it all fell into place. I'd make a track that was so much better than the others - and then use that example to elevate my other tracks. This happened a few times and the material got stronger each time around.

omg what a fantastic illustration of "flow" experience!
progression of sound vision ..
creativity brought into reality!
totall inspiration, cheers Allerian!
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
dude this is just the best damn story -- peaks like this make life worth the struggle

you'd best record & post that shindig, i wanna live vicariously
Chain Chomp
Best of luck Allerian.
Goomba
Nice one centurion.
All the best, rehearse, rehearse, rehearse.
Keep us posted.
Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Another thing I wanted to mention here. After seeing the past weeks battles, the thing that stands out to me is that most of these guys are simply bringing a laptop, hitting "play" and then they stand there doing a little dance to the music. I've only seen one fella actually do anything beyond that.

Everything I'm bringing is going to be performed live out of the OT. Arranger programmed with fader scenes on practically every moment of every track. I'm hoping to lose my inhibitions and get into it - which can be tough for me.
Game & Watch
All the best Allerian - looking forward to the video.
Killer Beez
Great news. I look forward to hopefully hearing these evolved beats.
Go to top Post Reply