As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re: Nord G2 beats... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Nord G2 beats...
Goomba
Re: Nord G2 beats... 18 Years, 9 Months ago
about the G2. I'm thinking of buying the small one to complement my monomachine and perhaps downgrade the monomachine to a sfx60 and use the nord as the masterkeyboard. Does the sound of the nord complement the MM? I'd guess that with the extensibility of the modular it's possible but i've really no idea how well they'd work together.
With just those to killer-machines i guess i have all the possibilities imaginable or at least a _lot_ of power to just use those two ( perhaps together with a powerbook =) ).

If some one is using them together it'd be great to hear (read) some thoughts!
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
I just grabbed an expanded g2 keyboard off of ebay; should be here early next week. I'll let you know how it plays with the MnM & MD.

steve

excited!
very nice stuff jbuonacc!!
(but with an MD this would sound even better )

A G2 and a MD complement each other very well!
King Koopa
sounds hot!! :-D
Boo
As a former G2 Engine user i can comment a little on this topic.

First of all....if you are not into modular synthesis or willing to spend a lot of time on it: Don't buy a modular synth! Trust me....it will be a mistake.

If you love modular synthesis like i do it's a cool synth. But then again at that stage any digital or analog modular will be cool. What i'm trying to say is that the G2 isn't unique engine wise. The controls are somewhat unique i agree but you will still need a computer to build patches.

This is where i started to think. We have a digital modular that won't do sampling and some other advanced techniques. It has inputs that are too sensitive for nice FX/Insert usage (off course it works....but lots of problems there).

I allready owned reaktor 4 at that point and found it matching the G2 functionality and many times needing less cpu power if you compare the two.

Does the G2 complement the MM? Why not? It can do so many different sounds i really cannot think of anything why the G2 wouldn't fit next to a MM in any mix. It's versatile, can be used as insert of FX or soundsource (drums, synths, weird shit...whatever).

But it's not the only tool matching these specs if you look further than the keys and knobs.

jotsif wrote:
about the G2. I'm thinking of buying the small one to complement my monomachine and perhaps downgrade the monomachine to a sfx60 and use the nord as the masterkeyboard. Does the sound of the nord complement the MM? I'd guess that with the extensibility of the modular it's possible but i've really no idea how well they'd work together.
With just those to killer-machines i guess i have all the possibilities imaginable or at least a _lot_ of power to just use those two ( perhaps together with a powerbook =) ).

If some one is using them together it'd be great to hear (read) some thoughts!
Goomba
Re: Nord G2 beats... 18 Years, 8 Months ago
had the g2 for a couple weeks now... and it goes with the MnM like peanut butter and jam. the sounds are very complementary (to my ears), and it fits in perfect to my live rig - i can control any parameter i want on the MnM from the g2- which saves me needing a midi controller just for the MnM.

i don't have nearly enough time to sit down and learn the ins and out on the g2 though... i think i need to quit my job to find the time...

steve
Goomba
I've been a g2 user for about a year now and for me the difference to Reaktor is staggering, because I felt more than a little intimidated by it. with the modular g2 you can experiment and find out cause-reaction of all things synthesis... it's great. and I just ordered an MD-UW so soon I can sample the G2 on the fly and add wild MD beats. awesome
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
UW + G2 is a deeply sick combination. If I had 25 hours a day to devote to music, I'd get it
King Koopa
Re: Nord G2 beats... 18 Years, 3 Months ago
just posted some fresh examples. 'lean cut' and 'box cut' are culled from a variation of one of my original patches by Misty (with much thanks to Jamos from the G2 Forum). 'is it broken?' (so far just on the Soundclick page) is my first contribution to HC's 'extreme synth weirdness' thread. all G2-only, no overdubs. hope they sound ok, enjoy...

http://www.myspace.com/Unfed

http://www.soundclick.com/Lank

[also, why does it not automatically log me in when i visit the site any more?]
Go to top Post Reply