As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re: Cool effects processors (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Cool effects processors
Chain Chomp
Cool effects processors 18 Years, 4 Months ago
Between one and two years ago, I owned a Access Indigo 2, and, beyond its VA capabilities, it was a freaking amazing effects processor. From 'grimy-ing' up drup loops, to the filters, to really cool synced delay and reverb effects, it was just a really cool, really easy, nice sounding external effects processor. I've since sold it--but I really miss the aforementioned capabilities. Just out of curiosity, is there any single solution out there that provides the same sort of functionality that I'm attempting to describe? Stereo inputs and outputs are a must, as is MIDI-synced tempo. Just curious. I can get some of this functionality from my Korg Kaoss Mixer, but I can only use one effect at a time.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I'd love to know how you achieve similar effects/results!

cchocjr
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re: Cool effects processors 18 Years, 4 Months ago
I've been GASsing for a TC Fireworx for quite a while now....looks to be THE sound design FX processor. It might cost you about as much as a virus c, though...
Game & Watch
I own a Sonic Alienator and a Metasonix TM-1. I use a few plug-ins. Will be buying a Vermona Retroverb and a FMR Audio RNLA soon. I wouldn't mind getting something like that TC unit or an Eventide.
Killer Beez
dont forget that the elektron machines are sick effects processors too - think about how the sequencer can come into play here, its one thing that the TC units do not have.

Yeah, the Virus is killer for the input features, between that and the elektrons I feel satisfied myself.

also, I have been eyeing the adrenalinn for a while too - it does not have a reverb engine as far as I know, but its amazing for delay effects and filtering and amp modeling (cool for drums too) and it too has a programmable effects sequencer that syncs to midi clock.
Chain Chomp
Yeah, I owned a sonic alienator, and I did some research into the Adrenalinn, but they both only have mono input/output, which doesn't do it for me. And trust me, the MD and MNM are both killer external effects processors in their own right...it's just that sometimes I'd like to route them through another device to get 'a different sound,' if you know what I mean. Oh well. Thanks for the input all.

cchocjr
I've had my TC Fireworx for a month now, and it's definately the mose amazing effects unit I've used. Worth the $700 used on ebay!
Yoshi

cchocjr wrote:
Yeah, I owned a sonic alienator, and I did some research into the Adrenalinn, but they both only have mono input/output, which doesn't do it for me. And trust me, the MD and MNM are both killer external effects processors in their own right...it's just that sometimes I'd like to route them through another device to get 'a different sound,' if you know what I mean. Oh well. Thanks for the input all.

cchocjr

correction: the adrenalinn has mono input but stereo output.

as hardware fx i have an adrenalinn (mostly for guitar though), a mam rs3 filter and i've got a sherman filterbank 1 coming my way in the next couple of days 8-)
but mostly i use fx plugins in Live. a lot of Live's own and some others like the sick smartelectronix ones.
Go to top Post Reply