As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re: F The K-Station ... Access Virus A or Classic Vs. Creamware Minimax? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: F The K-Station ... Access Virus A or Classic Vs. Creamware Minimax?
Game & Watch
F The K-Station ... Access Virus A or Classic Vs. Creamware Minimax? 18 Years, 4 Months ago
Ok, I would like to obtain a virtual analog within the next few months. I was thinking about the K-Station...but after really doing the research, they do seem to be made poorly. About 50% of the reviews mention it...so I concede. The Virus and the Minimax seem interesting. Would these be a better purchase?
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re: F The K-Station ... Access Virus A or Classic Vs. Creamware Minimax? 18 Years, 4 Months ago
Just lock yourself up with the evolver and your elektron gear and hold all calls for about a year.
Re: F The K-Station ... Access Virus A or Classic Vs. Creamware Minimax? 18 Years, 4 Months ago
over time, even with a huge synth collection, i think that you will find yourself just using a handful of them. its truley disrespect to your other gear to be binging like this man! if you really need to buy something, maybe invest in some turntables and records? you will end up selling the majority of your gear and just keeping the stuff you use at one point anyways. you've got the mm/md/evolver. get yourself a sampler and a nice multitimbral polysynth like the virus and you really have all bases covered. you would probably be fine with just the mm/md/virus.
Killer Beez
very true - I bought a ton of shit then sold most of it when I moved this summer. A lot of it had some serious dust on it.

however, if you have the money to burn, go for it - its kind of like saving money cause when you realize you are not using that gear you can resell it and put the money back into your pocket at a time when you might need it more.

the Virus is one hell of a polysynth! But if you are just needing something simple and cheap, just get a Juno or something, over even sample your monomachine in poly mode and use the samples.
Man, can't I just spend my money the way I want? :-D It is funny...but you have all been in the same position as me. It isn't a big deal...if I want to sell it later...I still get the money back. It is better than wasting my cash on beer, weed, and hookers...or buying a plasma TV...or a Mercedes.

Everything I own for a synth is weird. I have a Monomachine, an Evolver, Nanoloop, and a Sidstation as my synths...and a Machinedrum and a MPC1000 as my drum machines. It's not like I have anywhere near the gear you guys have. I'm looking to aquire a "regular" synth.

I'm only going to be spending for the next two months. After that I will be out of work living on a severence package and unemployment until I find a new job. So I will have the time to use all of the gear. I won't have a problem finding a job in my industry.

I have a turntable and records. I will soon have a better FW audio interface. After this one last regular synth...I will buy a few effects and be done. Now, I think the Virus would be the better buy...used these are around $500-650. Not bad. The creamware is interesting though.
Chain Chomp
I don't know anything about Creamware stuff, but the Virus C engine is bad as fuck. I owned an Indigo 2 (Virus C + integrated 37 note keyboard) for about a year and sold it because I was 'only' using it as an external effects processor. The facts: I miss it so much, and I will be buying a tabletop Virus C in the future, as it is a beast of a synth.

cchocjr
Goomba
Been thinking about the Virus Classic. Can anyone clue me in on the vocoder function?
can I just chime in and say - Nord rack?

Now that I've owned, and then resold, a Nord Lead 1, and a Nord Modular G2 (neither because I didn't like them, just gear trades) - I want to eventually track down a nord lead rack at some point. Check em out! The nords are f'n great boards.
Killer Beez
I disagree about the nords, but since I am in love with the electro I will keep it to myself.

the vocoder on the virus is nothing special - I just can't get something intelligable out of mine. I hear good things about the micromodular from Nord, but have not played with it yet
Game & Watch

endmusik wrote:
can I just chime in and say - Nord rack?

Now that I've owned, and then resold, a Nord Lead 1, and a Nord Modular G2 (neither because I didn't like them, just gear trades) - I want to eventually track down a nord lead rack at some point. Check em out! The nords are f'n great boards.

No racks for me. Tabletop or keyboard only.
Go to top Post Reply