As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re: Perfect machinedrum companion? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Perfect machinedrum companion?
Boo
Re: Perfect machinedrum companion? 18 Years, 7 Months ago
Hi Acidfever,

Sorry that I've missed your thread until now.

I have a question: what kind of techno are you trying to acheive? If you list some artist names and tracks I'll have a careful listen if I have it.

Here's one thing to try: use the MD to sequence acoustic drum sounds, and make those sounds dirty using a bit of LPF and sample / bit rate reduction, and compress the s___ out of them. Use a few different snares, a few different high-hats layered, and of course a thumping bass drum.

For the "grainy, warm" drum loops that you describe, that will get you a good percentage of the way there, because I think alot of that "warmth" we hear comes from real acoustically-based sounds. :-D
  The topic has been locked.

For the "grainy, warm" drum loops that you describe, that will get you a good percentage of the way there, because I think alot of that "warmth" we hear comes from real acoustically-based sounds. :-D

and by taking off the top end...like he is saying...they can't help but get warmer.
Boo
try it if you don't believe it - LPF then compress, and all of a sudden really bright samples become "full" sounding and have alot of impact.
Game & Watch
Re: Perfect machinedrum companion? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
Future Retro Revolution
Boo
Re: Perfect machinedrum companion? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
Hi Synthy,

I guess some good examples would be:

Cari lekebusch - Attitydsknackaren

Surgeon - Badger Bite

Further examples of artist would be old releases from Adam Beyer, Thomas Krome, but also all release from Surgeon en most Cari lekebusch releases.

Hope this helps to get things clear.

synthy wrote:
Hi Acidfever,

Sorry that I've missed your thread until now.

I have a question: what kind of techno are you trying to acheive? If you list some artist names and tracks I'll have a careful listen if I have it.

Here's one thing to try: use the MD to sequence acoustic drum sounds, and make those sounds dirty using a bit of LPF and sample / bit rate reduction, and compress the s___ out of them. Use a few different snares, a few different high-hats layered, and of course a thumping bass drum.

Re: Perfect machinedrum companion? 18 Years, 4 Months ago
lekebusch uses a machinedrum
Game & Watch
Re: Perfect machinedrum companion? 18 Years, 4 Months ago
For me...it is still the Monomachine.
Go to top Post Reply