As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re: So many new hardware synths...why so few new hardware drum machines? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: So many new hardware synths...why so few new hardware drum machines?
Re: So many new hardware synths...why so few new hardware drum machines? 18 Years, 4 Months ago

BartBral wrote:
I haven't tried this myself but I think this must work, in theory it must!

in theory it must, but in reality it does not the retrigger option is "local" to the machine. it doesn't really retrigger the note triggering the machine (i.e. generate a new MIDI note for each of the retrigs). and really, if it did you wouldn't have to route the machine out and then back in again. remember that you can group notes in the MD so that when one note is triggered, it triggers the other note(s) in the group.

i do wish that you were right, though. i've often wanted the retrig option on every machine.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re: So many new hardware synths...why so few new hardware drum machines? 18 Years, 4 Months ago
in theory it must, but in reality it does not the retrigger option is "local" to the machine. it doesn't really retrigger the note triggering the machine (i.e. generate a new MIDI note for each of the retrigs).

but if i am correct you can use external audio to trigger sounds right? (i thought i've done that?)
So if you route the output of an E12 instrument with a fast attack and decay say rimshot. You could trigger an other Machine. Say the TRkick with that.
I still can't try if this actualy works...sorry

and really, if it did you wouldn't have to route the machine out and then back in again. remember that you can group notes in the MD so that when one note is triggered, it triggers the other note(s) in the group.
I know this but it would leave me with the normal resolution wouldn't it?

I hope I'm right!

-Bart
Hammer Bro
Bart, that seems like a cool idea but it would only work if there was a sharp, discrete attack on each of the retrigs...so you'd have to set up your "trigger" sound with this in mind...hopefully the trigger threshold sensing is quick enough to keep up...I'll try it out later on, the idea is nice.
hmmm.... yeah i see your point now. hopefully you're right because this would be sweet! somebody let me know if this works, please :-D
Cappy
somebody let me know if this works, please :-D
You've probably already tried... haven't you?

Yesterday i got my MD back, and tried and it works... Not as tight as the sp12 or UW-machines... But it sure give some nice FX/possibilities.

... am now thinking about making WAV files with 'tick'grooves.(or sample a sequence of the GND PULSEmachine) Than using that to trigger other machines... hmmm Should work... sure hope so.

i'll keep you posted.

-Bart
Go to top Post Reply