As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re: decision of a lifetime.. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: decision of a lifetime..
Boo
Re: decision of a lifetime.. 18 Years, 4 Months ago
I wouldn't buy the UW upgrade for now. You need another synth to keep the MD company.

I also wouldn't buy a Virus myself. The Virus C is the only piece of kit i've sold and never ever missed for a second. Ok it's filter is nice and smooth but it's also just 1 filter. The OSC's do sound weaker than many other VA's out there and have aliasing problems in the mid and high range.

The virus is a sound chameleon but i don't care much for 1 synth that can do it all. I thought it would be the ultimate machine but it just didn't work out for me.

I am using a Nord G2 now and found all the flexibility i always wanted. For standard sound i still have a Waldof Pulse and XT which fill the gaps perfectly.

P.S. Evolvers seems like a very nice synth indeed.
  The topic has been locked.
jhs
Goomba
plan updated:

* quit making new years resolutions that involve gear
* get mpc-1000
* get monomachine
* sell sps-1 for sps-1uw
* experience bliss

i've read that os 2.0 for the mpc1000 has timestretching as well as a load of other features i wanted from the mpc2500. with support for a harddrive it looks like i wont need a computer at all. besides, the mpc1000 looks awesome in black. i can't wait till i have a complete hardware setup. something i can compose in as well as perform live with. luckily we're way backed up at work so it looks like i'll be doing 10 hours days and 6 day weeks this month :-D

do you guys ever get that 'hes a dedicated worker' jive from your bosses cuz you work so much overtime?

jhs wrote:

do you guys ever get that 'hes a dedicated worker' jive from your bosses cuz you work so much overtime?

Nope, my boss knows I'm in it for the cash cause I make no excuses.
Go to top Post Reply