As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re: Evolver questions... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Evolver questions...
Re: Evolver questions... 18 Years, 5 Months ago
the evo is the new 303...

fun, quirky, cheap (in price) and trippy sounding.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
So, how many of you got the Evolver Software editor? Is it worth buying or can I "find" the registration nr. somewhere on the net?

Cheers
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
I can't help you out with the latter, but you might want to wait until the Psicraft editor is released before making a decision.
Hammer Bro
for one thing, I don't think you really need the editor much...once you learn your way around the matrix, you won't even have to dodge bullets.

for another, ripping off small companies that make cool products is bad karma....
Cappy
Great!

Are there any betas out on that Psicraft editor yet?
When is it coming out?

Thxs
Cappy

ggoodwin wrote:
for one thing, I don't think you really need the editor much...once you learn your way around the matrix, you won't even have to dodge bullets.

for another, ripping off small companies that make cool products is bad karma....

I like editors to get a better overlook of the hole thing and for another, my "karma"?! is all good since a bought the hardware. And with 99% of hardware (with few knobs and complex setup) that has a official editor, it?s included!

Who is ripping of who?! They could have added $20 more to the hardware price (or for free for that matter) and included it as a hole pakage instead of separation them and selling it for "only" US $49.00. Get me?
Hammer Bro
alright man, settle down...didn't mean to insult you.

but since you mention that the editor helps you see the whole picture of the evolver, I should mention that you can ALREADY see the whole picture, that's one of the things I love about this synth. There are literally no menus at all, it's all laid out on the front panel.
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.

KidOne0 wrote:

Who is ripping of who?! They could have added $20 more to the hardware price (or for free for that matter) and included it as a hole pakage instead of separation them and selling it for "only" US $49.00. Get me?

if you don't like it, why don't you make an editor of your own and give it away? the sysex docs are published, so you have all the information you would need to make a panel. plus you wouldn't be ripping off a small company (i doubt soundtower is making millions selling editors).

as i understand it, the primary purpose of the editor was for the PE rack (two knobs, a few buttons, and menus galore! ), so it was included with the purchase. i doubt that DSI would officially offer the editor on their site if they had not released the PE rack.

the software editor has been made through another company, not DSI, so that company needs to be compensated for every license given out by DSI. it makes more financial sense to pay the software company for each user that wants to use the evoler editor. they want to keep the mono evolver as affordable for the consumer, so by avoiding paying soundtower for a license for every evolver purchased, the end user pays for the license if he chooses to use the software.

the PEK does not include the editor because "it has all those cool knobs and switches"

actually, i really don't care. i have the editor license, but i haven't even hooked it up to the evolver. the front panel is seriously enough.
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.
oh, and its a great synth. lotsafun
Cappy
Dirge,

Is not a question of me no liking it. And I have no problem buying it either. My first, and only question was if it the editor was good enought for "only $49.00" since i got supriced when it wasn?t included with the evolver, which in my opinion should have been from Dave?s side. Then a totally understand if another company makes it and try to earn some money from it. And yeah, I agree with you it?s a great synth and fun. Thanks Dave.

But Ggoodwin, you still can?t see the entire patch config from the matrix and a 3 digit display?!
Go to top Post Reply