As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re: Battery Powered Analog Synths (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Battery Powered Analog Synths
Game & Watch
Battery Powered Analog Synths 18 Years, 5 Months ago
What other battery powered (real) analog synths are out there besides the SH-101, MC-202, and the Yamaha CS01?
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re: Battery Powered Analog Synths 18 Years, 5 Months ago
Novation BassStation.
Admin
my soon to be toy/project:

SoundLab MiniSynth

(edit one more time since i seem to be challenged today) :-D
Game & Watch
No other real analog synths that you don't have to build?... the bassstation isn't real analog...nor is the microkorg...but are battery powered.
Hammer Bro
actually, the bass station IS real analog...pretty sure...
Killer Beez
yup, its totally analog except for the digital patch memory.
Game & Watch
From vintagesynth.com:

"Before the famous Novation BassStation Rack module came the small and portable BassStation Keyboard! Basically a 2-octave keyboard with a BassStation rack built-in. This synthesizer uses analog sound emulation to reproduce the sounds of a monophonic 2-VCO analog synthesizer with the same simple and intuitive controls via 17 knobs, 10 switches and 2 Moog-style pitch/mod wheels.

The BassStation can faithfully reproduce analog bass sounds just like a TB-303, Minimoog or Prophet synthesizer. The small keyboard and monophonic architecture set this keyboard up for strict bassline or lead synth lines. It also transmits MIDI continuous controller data for its pitch/mod wheels, frequency cutoff, resonance, filter modulation depth, env1 attack, decay and env2 attack and decay."

This is why I was confused...it says analog sound emulation...I guess that does not mean virtual analog...or whatever all these new synths are huh?
that description does make it sound like its virtual...but I've heard from many sources that it's analog...I owned one briefly but at the time, my ears weren't developed to know the difference, so I'm not sure!!!!
-- goodwin
there may have been more than one version of the bass station (normal/super?) one analog one not..
Game & Watch
Yes, manya other sources say it is true analog.
Go to top Post Reply