As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re: M-Audio Trigger Finger Help Needed (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: M-Audio Trigger Finger Help Needed
Game & Watch
M-Audio Trigger Finger Help Needed 18 Years, 6 Months ago
Trigger Finger Help:

I can't figure out enigma for shat. I just want to be able to make pad 1 = C1, pad 2 = D1, pad 3 = E1 and up and etc on all 16 pads for use in Live...how do I do this? I know nothing about Midi...this is my first attempt. I've always been a programmer via mouse...or used my hardware and made audio loops to use in Live. I don't care if I do not use enigma to get these pads aligned with these notes (just do it on the unit) ... I just want to be able to use this thing like this. Any advice?
  The topic has been locked.
Re: M-Audio Trigger Finger Help Needed 18 Years, 6 Months ago
not to soundlike a dick, but read the manual, it is helpful especially to those just getting into midi. but to be a nice guy i will tell you. push the two black buttons at the top left so that both of them are lit up. hit pad 1, the use the "note knob" to scroll to the note you want. then figure out what channel you are receiving info in Live on and set it to that channel with the "channel knob" then hit pad 2 and do the same thing, then hit pad three and do the same thing all the way up to what you want. then when you are done press the very top left button that says "save/exit" i think. sorry for the crude description but i do not have my unit in front of me. also download and watch this video for a visual explanation.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=media.video&ID=a80b9e869c88944562e2d3a191c74b0f
Chain Chomp
damn computers with the login cookies...that was me

also js you have to assign the correct channel to every pad.
Maybe, that it what is confusing me... how to figure out what channel = what note on live...oh and thanks. I have looked at the manual...I'm just stupid when it comes to Midi...that is why I avoided it for so long. However, I just can't make the music I want to make anymore without it...especially since I am going to toward buying alot more hardware. What is the best way to get your head around midi in general? Any books or websites that would help?
That video helped...I just wasn't hitting both buttons...I was only hitting one. That should do it for now... but I still want to understand midi better.
Game & Watch
All is well...as far as the basics of using my TF with Live.
Go to top Post Reply