As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re: For all those tabletop Evolver owners out there... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: For all those tabletop Evolver owners out there...
Chain Chomp
For all those tabletop Evolver owners out there... 18 Years, 9 Months ago
I'm putting together a program on my Kenton Control to allow me to have much more immediate and fluid access to program parameters (LF filt. freq.; resonance; HP filter freq.; 2 or 4 pole filter; feedback freq.; feedback level; grunge on and off; delay time, level, feedback for delays 1 and 2; output hack; and probably distortion). I'm about half done, and the results are already pretty impressive...I can finally manipulate the LP filter and resonance simultaneously and, more importantly, smoooooothly.

The control freak really is an amazing and versatile MIDI tool...

Just throwing this out there who happens to own this combo (or one or the other, just to entice you :-D )

cchocjr
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re: For all those tabletop Evolver owners out there... 18 Years, 9 Months ago
Me, me, me!
I happen to own the same combo.
I've set four programs on the kenton to control all four sequences, it's analog sequencer heaven.

Maybe we can swap programs?
Do you have the software to do that btw?

Ronald.
Chain Chomp
That would be a bitchin' trade!

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean when you ask if I have the "software to do that." Do you mean a sysex upload/download client? If that's the case, hell yeah!

I'll let you know when I finish. Should be by the end of this weekend.

cchocjr
Goomba
I used the original software, but I just saw there is an alternative version now as well and the version I used is improved.

You'll find all info here:
http://www.kentonuk.com/download/cf_editors.shtml

Maybe you can try them both if you have enough time (I haven't at the moment) and decide wich one is best to trade single programs and edit them. You'll find that the editor can make programming a breeze. I know I made my programs in very little time.

Ronald
Go to top Post Reply