As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:MB6582
Admin
tIB was here
MB6582 15 Years, 7 Months ago
Now Smashtv is selling the boards for this project will anyone here be taking the plunge? (http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/buy.html)

Ive ordered the PCB's and am on the list for the parts kits when they are out. Excited though starting the project is a long way off for me at the moment: wont be in the same continent as all the parts I get for a long time!

Looking forward to it though, its an amazing machine and maybe between now and then Ill get the chance to do an electronics course and develope some form of soldering skills: definately the motivation I needed!

(Failing my onset of skills Im sure it will look lovely next to my unfinished ml303- DIY synth grave )
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:MB6582 15 Years, 7 Months ago
I already parted out most every thing I need to make MB6582. I just got the 8 sid chips last month. I've been busy and putting off this build but now that I don't have to use generic boards I'll be getting on this right away.

you don't need an electronics course to learn good soldering skills. Try a kit or two of a few simple things to cut your teeth on. There's tons of stuff out there.
I've been looking on this project since last october. Got few parts for it. Unfortunatrly run out of money after holidays... so am hoping that pcbs wont go that fast. I would love to make though even if its not gonna be perfect (at least when I build it)

tIB do as Filch says. If I learned soldering I'm sure anyone can get yourself core kit solder that and you will be fine, you can always make midibox with it.
I can't imagine what 8 SIDs sound like. I made an MBSID (8580) and the sound is ball-shakingly fat. (Wow, that was obscene.)

By the way, it's not going to be a trivial task, soldering that thing.
glitched wrote:
You are right here glitched, I'm mostly concerned about the schematics, electronics knowledge though. Soldering as such shouldn't be too bad. There is definitely lots of things to solder there...
Game & Watch
Yeah, soldering itself isn't too much trouble. It's reading the schematics that always got hairy for me, and I've never done anything nearly as complicated as the 6582, I don't think.
Admin
tIB was here
glitched wrote:
I can't imagine what 8 SIDs sound like. I made an MBSID (8580) and the sound is ball-shakingly fat. (Wow, that was obscene.)

Agreed! However, I definately want my balls to shake so its enough to keep me motivated!

Happy soldering peeps!
I'm sick of waiting! I got my PCB's and knobs. I have more sid chips than Elektron did at their prime!

I'm willing to give up some sids for anyone willing to put together a few COMPLETE parts kits for me....(and I'll pay for the parts). So you get the chips just for doing the footwork.
tIB
Boo
Re:MB6582 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Seems like a good day to post this...

I finally got there, albeit courtesy of someone elses skills. Thank you mr neilbaldwin!

https://soundcloud.com/tib/mb6582

Untitled by sonofprent, on Flickr
Go to top Post Reply