As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Minicommand question for the pros... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Minicommand question for the pros...
Cappy
Minicommand question for the pros... 10 Years, 8 Months ago
So, I'm selling my minicommand (already sold actually) and the guy who is buying is wondering how to get the sketches. All of the R&W links are dead. I have the Patchmanager app on my computer, which I've sent him, but he said there aren't any sketches embedded in it. I can't seem to locate them on my harddrive. (OSX) Anyone know where they are stored? If not,
how can he access them?

Are they here and I'm missing something?

https://github.com/wesen

Thanks for any help!!!
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Re:Minicommand question for the pros... 10 Years, 8 Months ago
sketches or firmwares? (is he actually looking for sketches of unfinished code?)

assuming you mean the latter: i'm not in a position to check my computer right this moment, but if you can't find a good general solution fairly soon pm me ... i should be able to send him a few firmwares so he can get started.
Cappy
Hmm. I forget whatever the terminology is for it. Whatever the individual programs are the load up in the patch manager. They appear for me when I open the patch manager, but when he launched it, nothing is there. So they must np be stored on my HD somewhere else, but probably not by their actual name.

But thanks, I'll PM you later.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
no worries. it's almost certainly firmwares he'll want, unless he wants to write code.

might ask him what he's into doing -- i'll likely have to grab them one by one, and that will help me pick out a couple that will be useful.
Game & Watch
R&W links gone? this is bad news since there is still a lot of interest in minicommand
same here - I'm away from the comp with RW patchmanager for several weeks - but from memory - on OSX there ia a dot folder (i.e. invisible) in your home directory something like:

/Users/your-name/.ruinwesen

I think that's the name of it. you prob need to look using mac terminal.

the sketches are organised in a hierarchy in there - but each of the files has an interesting numeric name unrelated to what appears in the Patchmanager.
Goomba
The Minicommand arrived today, thanks for the help everyone, I was able to figure out the patchmanager!

Does anyone know what happened to Wesen and if the site is coming back? I read some nebulous thing about health issues, hope he's ok.
King Koopa
I need to get the firmwares too. Were you able to get them all? If so, how?
for the record - Re:Minicommand question for the pros... 10 Years, 8 Months ago
back in town unexpectedly for a day so I looked at my Mac that has patchmanager installed. For the record this is where it puts everything

EDIT: but only after it does a synch with the online repo that's not responding anymore..): So nowadays, to make a working Patch install you need to track down the firmwares, as well as the Patch application (which is still on GitHub but needs some Java library fiddling to compile successfully - I might look into that)

files layout

my home directory

invisible dot folder: .patchmanager

which contains:

config.properties - created by the patchmanager app automatically, seems to just record the last synch time (with the old online repo).

repository.index - contains the description of ea. firmware & maps the human-readable name to the actual compiled firmware - which are stored in the folder:

repository - folder containing the compiled firmwares for upload to your MD/MNM.

These all have a number as the filename ('823' etc) you can figure out what each one is by looking at the repo.index file. When you go to 'Send Patch' in the RW PatchManager, the file dialogue reveals the firmware name & location anyway...

These would be sysex hex files since they need to be transmitted via 5-pin MIDI. I guess C6 or a sysex-sender application could do the job.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Re:Minicommand question for the pros... 10 Years, 7 Months ago
For anyone who's looking for the MC patch manager, Justin Valer has kindly posted copies of it over at his forum, which is dedicated to a new MD firmware he's developing.

thread here
Go to top Post Reply