As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Cirklon's a coming!!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Cirklon's a coming!!!
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
Cirklon's a coming!!! 10 Years, 9 Months ago
So I'll be the proud owner of a Cirklon on Monday, oh yes indeed
Be more than interested to hear how other peeps are hooking up with Elektron gear.
Read the manual from cover to cover but any tips or tricks welcome.
Cheers
  The topic has been locked.
tIB
Boo
Re:Cirklon's a coming!!! 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Congrats phil, I think you're going to love it! In terms of learning it just get stuck in; there's lots on it I don't fully understand (or will ever likely use) but its a good workaround once you get into the swing of it... And insanely powerful!

With the elektrons I mix internal sequencing with external from the cirk... Add a bit of variations and randomness here and there. I also use the monomachine as my master controller into the cirk. Clock on the sequentix is loads tighter than on the elektrons, so I'd use that. where you might end up with double hits you might want to add a small amount of delay on the cirklon to avoid that- I do it sometimes with kicks on the md, I've not found it noticeable on other sounds. You can also build track controllers to access all the CC's though I haven't bothered so far.

In terms of auxes I use the random stuff the most... Followed by e inter track stuff. Lots of fun to be had there. Enjoy!
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
^
Sweet thanks for the info Andy

I was very much inclined to mx internal & external sequencing, so it's good to see thats how you're approaching it!
I want the power of plocks alongside the random/probability aspects of the Cirklon.

The inter track stuff looks insane too, can't wait!!!
Chain Chomp
So the Cirklon arrived this morning, First impressions are very very good!!!
Only hooked it up to the Virus so far with a bit of MD for accompaniment & the OT sampling.
Damn the Pattern directions are awesome, super easy way to create wicked rhythms, just switch from Forward to Pendulem or Brownian, sample, mangle on the OT & repeat.
Right need more midi cables
tIB
Boo
Pattern directions are one of those things I cant understand why elektron havent integrated in their sequencers. Just a basic random setting would do me. There are workarounds but nothing as simple and effective as just dialing it into random!

Random gate masking in combintation with the play modes has lots of win. Glad youre gelling!
Chain Chomp
^ Mate, my thoughts exactly! Alternate & pendulum would be fantastic on the Mnm & A4, wouldn't be difficult to implement either!
Same for the Gang & Slope features, wicked live tool!
Yep, so far one happy bunny!
Go to top Post Reply