As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:External FX processors- reccomendations? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:External FX processors- reccomendations?
Game & Watch
Re:External FX processors- reccomendations? 10 Years, 10 Months ago
EHX Cathedral...great sounding spring emulations, very good hall and room ones, excellent digital delay that´s more usable than most dedicated delay units...you can even combine it with reverb

I got mine modded to accept CV for the freeze and delay time controls and this pumped it into another dimension of effects...granular, glitch, karpluss/strong, resonators...amazing pedal
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
i use a bosds re-20 for delays. a kp3 fro master fx and i'm buing ang tc halls of fame trinity edition soon. good guitar halll pedal
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
Ensoniq DP/pro and related gear sounds particularly tasty and is not too pricey on the used market.
Boo
If I had more money ( ) I would sell most of my current fx and get strymon pedals, probably timeline, mobius, and bluesky, maybe even an el cap or flint as well.

When I realized I wasn't going to be able to go the strymon route I slowly acquired a set of underrated, ebay deals that I'm pretty happy with:

boss dd-3
boss ch-1
boss se-70
boss vf-1
yamaha spx-90

got all those for less than $200 total.

Also had a lexicon mpx-100 that I sold, It wasn't very good, I meant to get an mpx-1 which come from a slightly different lineage. I want at least something from lexicon.
I also ended up getting tc electronic hall of fame and flashback to cover some holes.

Bare in mind that I use these on guitar, bass, wurlitzer, vocals, as well as drums and synths.

I might replace something above with the EHX cathedral to mix it up a bit more, mainly because I see it on sooooo many people's boards, respectable people.
Goomba
You want something like the Elektron gear that is tailored for live performance.

Look at the Sherman Restyler, The Korg KAOS Pad, and anything that you can tweek in real time. You also want smooth patch transition. You don't want that delay to just cut off when you switch to the flange
Cappy
Re:External FX processors- reccomendations? 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I would recommend the Oto Biscuit. Never thought I'd get so much use from a bit-crushing device. Most of the demos I found show it's heavy/brutal side but I tend to use it for more subtle textural stuff (and for delay and chorus).

Strymon El Capistan is fantastic as well. Great vibe. I have a Blue Sky as well but find it's often too hi-fi/pristine for the sound sources I use going into it. I'd love to try the Mobius.
Boo
Re:External FX processors- reccomendations? 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I went with the Biscuit, and you're right- the juicy, organic quality of it is not something I expected at ALL. It's so much more than a bitcrusher- it's like corn starch for a mix. I wish it had 2 stereo inputs!

Still figuring out the sequencer and hardly touched Der OTO- too much fun with the MD!

I'm probably going to move to Strymon stuff. I want the El Capistan but I might go for the TimeLine Delay first- it's just GORGEOUS and it has part of the El Cap in it already.
Go to top Post Reply