As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:M4 Preview (naked alpha) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:M4 Preview (naked alpha)
M4 Preview (naked alpha) 10 Years, 10 Months ago
hello everyone,
i've started to work on a new project and i thought i would share this in the forum. it's still in its early stages, missing some features but the basics are there (this is the little brother of something bigger...)
let me know what you think; comments and suggestions are welcome

ps: did some research but haven't found something like this on the web...if anyone knows of something similar, please let me know, i wouldn't like to end up reinventing the wheel
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
Re:M4 Preview (naked alpha) 10 Years, 10 Months ago
Hey Guga, can you elaborate on what you're doing here & what you're ultimately want to aheive with this?
It's sometimes difficult to tie you're movements in with the audio.
Cheers & best of luck
: ) well...i can give you a couple of hints: it's a MIDI controller (not device specific, the MnM just happened to be there) and the idea came from one of Elektrons' machines ...
Chain Chomp
MarsMelons - netlabel for experimental music

esmone - my drawings and cover art
Yeah, it looks interesting, but it's hard to tell what you're really doing. Keep us posted!
...i was thinking about throwing a wee contest here then...
something like: the first person to find out what this controller does, will be automatically enrolled in the public beta and will get a free controller. entries will be considered valid starting from this coming friday at 20:00 CET. how does it sound?
Cappy
It's an external circuit bending device !
...it has been a week now since the beginning of the 'contest' and it looks like it's either too difficult to understand what is going on in the video or there's not so much interest in this device...either way, someone from the forum would be happy to get one of this so i guess i'll call this off and make sure he gets a beta version as soon as ready.

@daffydub: nope, is not a circuit bending device, sorry
Boo
I'm gonna chime in with the guess I sent privately to guga. It appears to be taking the crossfader/scene functionality of the Octatrack and making it general so it can work with any MIDI devices. Cool idea!
Boo
Is it a 12-bit crusher a-la the MD? Sounds very 8-bit sometimes too. Either way, whatever it's doing sounds pretty great.

I'd love to beta test too, whatever it is!!
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
Guga I'm going to check your video again, I just learned about your update to the project right now. A lot of us have been doing the beta-testing for the new Elektron forum so I am not checkingE-U as regularly as before, only once or twice a day.
Go to top Post Reply