As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:when will the analog bubble burst?? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:when will the analog bubble burst??
Boo
Re:when will the analog bubble burst?? 10 Years, 11 Months ago
pseen wrote:
Vintage analog prices were at their cheapest in 1989 and have basically been rising ever since.

http://www.synthgear.com/2010/synthesizers/vintage-synth-prices/

Damn, where did I put that effin flux capacitor...
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:when will the analog bubble burst?? 10 Years, 10 Months ago
you better off buying your 303 now for 3g than in 5 yrs time for 5 g ..

pm me if it break , i can fix it for you ..
Game & Watch
Personally I´m started to get tired of too much analog sounds...I started to downsize my analog arsenal and thought about get some digital goodies like the microwave XT, FS1r or even hybrid suff like a SQ-80/ESQ-1

The only stuff I think I still want to grow up a little is my eurorack system, that can handle both analog and digital modules, and that I kept the same from 3 years ago...This is time enough to not being considered a victim of the usual eurocrack addiction.
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
I think there's a bit of an analog "correction" going on with all the new synths coming out (ms-20 mini, etc). One thing for sure: there will never be a "digital bubble", not with PC's being able to emulate perfectly a "digital synth"; eg DX7/FM7/FM8. At least from my point of view (I don't gig, I only mess around in my studio), the digital world is more than fully covered by today's variety of VSTs.

But I agree with Anselmi, variety in sounds can't be achieved with only subtractive analog synthesis.
Go to top Post Reply