As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:CV controlled FX units? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:CV controlled FX units?
CV controlled FX units? 10 Years, 10 Months ago
Just read somewhere that the Roland RE-301 accepts CV in to control delay time etc, and I thought it'd be fun to see what others are using/having experiences with on the topic of CV controlled FX units?

I've been watching the KOMA-pedals, especially the delay one sounds fun.

Apart from those, what CV controlled FX are you all using?
  The topic has been locked.
tIB
Boo
Re:CV controlled FX units? 10 Years, 10 Months ago
Sherman filterbank likes cv, the ebbe und flut loves it: can be totally modularised when the patch points brought forward. Some of the electro harmonix stuff likes it- the deluxe memory boy is one, think the cathedral can be modded too. Pretty much anything with a pedal input can be used if you don't exceeded the voltage it's expecting. The all new bug rand pt delay has a cv input and comes highly recommended by me! (Though I've not used the new one, I've the last one here which I love).
wait what, the Sherman does not have a CV in jack, or am I misunderstanding the concept of CV completely? Didn't realize that a pedal input responded to CV, or atleast I never thought of it

Sounds like I have my day sorted then!
Game & Watch
Also worth noting that the A4 can send S-Trig - which is functionally the same as a footswitch input, so if you have any units with a footswitch input it can be fun to try that.

Typically a expression pedal input is looking for 0-5v range, but check as some are different.
tIB
Boo
You still have a dp4? Pedal inputs on that work fine and can be routed anywhere. There's another day gone! (Or maybe I'm confused and you don't have one)
Game & Watch
I got my EHX Cathedral modded to accept CV for both delay time and tap/freeze button...the CV control made it behaves as a completely new fx processor...great resonator, KS and almost granular stuff
I posted some demos of it in the past...everybody seems to like it
The Moog Foogers.
Goomba
The Koma pedals are great.
I have both the delay and the filter. Combining the A4 CV outs, LFOs etc. with the various CV ins is a lot of fun, but the IR sensor is the killer feature for me.
I have a few moogerfoogers too, but tend not to use the CV ins on them so much. Mainly because the MF014M and MF108M both have midi.
Go to top Post Reply