As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:sequencer mopho desktop and A4 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:sequencer mopho desktop and A4
Goomba
sequencer mopho desktop and A4 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Hello everyone! sorry for my english!
I can not run on the sequencer mopho desktop when it starts with A4.
But when i have A4 master and Spectralis II - slave , Spectralis starts. When i have Spectralis II master and DSI Mopho Desktop - slave ,sequencer mopho starts. Why Analog does not work with four Mopho??? Clock from A4 send in mopho, and mopho gets it! But ... dont start.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:sequencer mopho desktop and A4 10 Years, 11 Months ago
The mopho doesn't have a sequencer like the A4 or the spectralis. It is a modulation sequencer and only starts when pressing a key. It plays like an arpeggiator but with programmed notes.

To be more precise: the A4 and Spectralis receives and sends Midi Start/Stop messages. The mopho does not respond to midi start/stop it only starts when pressing a key.
Goomba
modulation sequencer starts when respond midi start/stop from Spectralis!!! I have tried

UPDATE
Sorry ... Spectralis have midi track for external dev =))) and note was sent to the Mopho.

UPDATE2
When pressing a key play on Spectralis (pattern cleaner) mopho dont play, but!! if i pressing key on mopho and start play Spectralis ... Spectralis start mopho sequencer. spectralis dont send note on midi. When i stop spectralis - stoping Mopho, when i play spec - mopho play. and if i push key on mopho agein, spectralis dotn start mopho.
Goomba
so Spectralis can run sequencer mopho =) I can rec video, if you do not believe me)
Boo
There must still be some note that's sent to the mopho. There is no sequencer start/stop in the mopho.

Page 20f of the Mopho x4 manual:
Mopho x4’s sequencer is a gated sequencer. That means it requires a note to be
gated on—that is played from the keyboard, the PUSH IT button, or via MIDI—
in order for the sequencer to run. There is no dedicated start or play button and it 21
does not respond to MIDIstart/stop/continue messages, but it can still sync to an
external clock. Simply turn on the sequencer and then play and hold a note to
start. Or use the PUSH IT button’s toggle feature to latch a note on with one push
and release it with another; in this case, the PUSH IT button is essentially a
Start/Stop control.
Goomba
I can only hope that someone has the Spectralis and Mopho, and will confirm my words. =)
I cleaner pattern. more than that - I deleted all the songs from browser on Spectralis.
Boo
Arppegiator?

One test for you: change the recieve midi channel of the Mopho. Midi Clock Start/Stop is independent of the channel setting. So when it still works either the Spectralis is still sending midi notes several channels or you have discovered a secret feature of the mopho not even the company knows about.
Goomba
well, interesting test. when I'm in the studio, I'll try to do an it.
Go to top Post Reply