As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Re: "From The Rooftops" My first MD tune :) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: "From The Rooftops" My first MD tune :)
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
"From The Rooftops" My first MD tune :) 18 Years, 2 Months ago
Hey guys, here's my first tune using the MD-UW.

http://tarekith.com/mp3s/Rooftops.zip

All the drums are from the MD. For this track I mainly recorded the main outs of the MD while I 'performed' the pattern into different variations. Then I used SX to arrange the variations to form the final song structure. Nothing too crazy in this song, I'll start pushing the MD more in my next tune.

The bassline, pads and textures are all from the TI-K, the 303 line is a real tb303, and guitar sounds are all me playing my Ibanez S540 through a PodXT. Mixed and mastered using UAD-1 plugs.

Enjoy!

More tunes:

http://tarekith.com/t_audio.htm
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re: "From The Rooftops" My first MD tune :) 18 Years, 2 Months ago
Nice mellow vibe, fits in nicely with the stuff you mix...I liked it. How do you like them UAD plugs?
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
I swear by UAD plugs, they will always be my first choice unless I have no other choice. Great sound with a minimal amount of tweaking. I love the fact that the best sounding plugs have the least amount of controls. Very quick to just dial in the compression or EQ I want, and keep on writing asap.

Very big fan of the UAD-1.
Yoshi
very nice! i like the athmosphere and sound a lot.

only remark i have is that i would give the 303 more reverb and maybe delay to make it 'float' more in the mix. i think it s a bit dry at the moment (but i'm listening on crap mp3-player headphones here...)
Thank Divi!
Go to top Post Reply