As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Re: New techno track: Turing's Dream (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: New techno track: Turing's Dream
Goomba
New techno track: Turing's Dream 18 Years, 6 Months ago
This one is a chilled/deep techno 10 minute epic, so most people will probably get bored within 30 seconds... lol

I did the mix in Live in one take (that includes playing the synth pad part), then tweaked a few clips here and there. Most of the drums / percussion were done on my MD. The rest is a couple of sample loops from my ER1 and Motif Synth.

I'll probably remix it to make a more in-yer-face version, but I love recording stuff in one take... I think it reflected my mood quite well... It's the first arrangement I've done in Ableton Live.

Any comments appreciated, good or bad!

http://www.neuroport.net/audio/Turing's%20Dream.mp3
  The topic has been locked.
Re: New techno track: Turing's Dream 18 Years, 6 Months ago
haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I love the title! :-D
Killer Beez
Re: New techno track: Turing's Dream 18 Years, 6 Months ago
I like it so far - I am a few minutes in. Sounds like you are real close to getting that live set together, no?
Goomba
Re: New techno track: Turing's Dream 18 Years, 5 Months ago
Thanks, yeah - I'm just getting the hang of Ableton Live, but can see how the combo of Live and Elektron hardware could work really well. The MD can sound a little flat on its own, but the fx in Live can really bring it on.
Go to top Post Reply