As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Re:Acid in the Hood HQ VIDEO (live Octatrack, 808, 303 track) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Acid in the Hood HQ VIDEO (live Octatrack, 808, 303 track)
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
Acid in the Hood HQ VIDEO (live Octatrack, 808, 303 track) 10 Years, 7 Months ago
This will be one of the the songs performed in my next live set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMrLsnOgFMw&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLKpCI_sh25zhVOfF0vWwj5ubdCEGatumh

I've always wanted to rock Funktions with the 808, so I've swapped the MD out for it on this one...

And if you didn't catch it in the other thread, a cross link to Angel Trax Fallen Remix Video using same gear set up here; http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&catid=10&id=234793#234793

The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
MD SPS-1UW+
Analog FOUR
Renoise 2.8

http://soundcloud.com/doktor-fibonacci
Re:Acid in the Hood HQ VIDEO (live Octatrack, 808, 303 track) 10 Years, 7 Months ago
This is amazing. The quality is oozing. I love how the sections just flawlessly morph into one another. Definitely have to check out one of your sets if it's geographically possible.
Re:Acid in the Hood HQ VIDEO (live Octatrack, 808, 303 track) 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Proper techno!
Hammer Bro
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
DaCaVa wrote:
This is amazing. The quality is oozing. I love how the sections just flawlessly morph into one another. Definitely have to check out one of your sets if it's geographically possible.

Thank you! Next one is probably mid October in San Diego, FWIW. After that, shooting for Detroit or Berlin.
Barfunkel wrote:
Proper techno!

Correction - PROPER TECHNO !! : )
Hammer Bro
Ha! Best compliment ever, really. I've spent the last few years dialing OUT everything in my music that wasn't 'proper',...the very word @coldfuture and I, for example, use to distinguish even within the context of parts in a track. We used to say 'that track has too much enchilada sauce', which meant, "something that wasn't proper". It's especially true of acid lines and basslines...it's SO easy to take something further from proper. Even one note can turn a proper line into complete enchilada. There's that old saying "If it's not Detroit, it's not techno". And as exclusionary and harsh as it sounds to say that in an international, talented community from Argentina to Berlin, to Australia/UK and back, the hard truth is that Detroit, as a sound and as a benchmark for what is 'real techno', is still the ultimate dividing line between "Proper" and "Enchilada Sauce". (the same river and feel the same and that is magic, but even if no one else on planet earth (other than Coldfuture and Jeff Mills) cared about knowing the difference between proper Detroit techno (aka, simply "proper techno"), it would be OK, rewarding, justified as an artist, and worthy of pursuit. I may WELL like techno that is not proper...dance my ass off to it, be amazed by it even...and still be able to know whether it is proper or not and reserve that judgement. Proper doesn't mean better. It doesn't even mean 'legitimate'. It only means that it is true to form, unforced, natural, respectful of its roots, holds down the dream and the connection to the machines, and moves the body, mind and soul.

If my music even accomplishes one tenth of that, I am happy as an artist and a student, and grateful that this music is a craft that can be learned, dialed in, and presented towards that end.
King Koopa
MD SPS-1UW+
Analog FOUR
Renoise 2.8

HighSage wrote:
DaCaVa wrote:

Thank you! Next one is probably mid October in San Diego, FWIW. After that, shooting for Detroit or Berlin.

Detroit is not too far from Toronto. That one is doable
The only thing I dont like about your music and videos are everytime I watch them, I wanna get rid of my toys,stop making noise, buy a 303/808 and make Acid

So Inspiring your music is
Hammer Bro
@#$%^& I had written a few paragraphs in response but lost it by hitting the wrong button darnit. lol.
Alas, I'll just say thank you for the comment, and I know what you mean first hand. It was ironic that Richard Divine did a live 303/606 acid PA in 2009 or so that influenced me to sell all my modular and stop noodling into the night iwth esoteric signal chains...and get back to the music that inspired me to begin with. Ironic given that now he is the one challenging dance floors to accept the sound of spaghetti modular and a-tonal bug music, and I have gone 'backwards' in time to pursue the original rave innocence that is acid and techno in the form of music theory, tension/release, tonality, intention of simplicity, etc. Yet he has been doing that since the early 90's... Best thing I ever did as far as artist contentment, is to allow myself to be inspired and then to pursue that inspiration to the best of my ability and enjoy the journey of that exploration again, unattached to the results.
King Koopa
MD SPS-1UW+
Analog FOUR
Renoise 2.8

HighSage wrote:
@#$%^& I had written a few paragraphs in response but lost it by hitting the wrong button darnit. lol.
Alas, I'll just say thank you for the comment, and I know what you mean first hand. It was ironic that Richard Divine did a live 303/606 acid PA in 2009 or so that influenced me to sell all my modular and stop noodling into the night iwth esoteric signal chains...and get back to the music that inspired me to begin with. Ironic given that now he is the one challenging dance floors to accept the sound of spaghetti modular and a-tonal bug music, and I have gone 'backwards' in time to pursue the original rave innocence that is acid and techno in the form of music theory, tension/release, tonality, intention of simplicity, etc. Yet he has been doing that since the early 90's... Best thing I ever did as far as artist contentment, is to allow myself to be inspired and then to pursue that inspiration to the best of my ability and enjoy the journey of that exploration again, unattached to the results.

Brilliant
Go to top Post Reply